SEVEN

Evening had fallen among the comrades

Evening had fallen among the comrades. And while the sun had fallen, their suspicions rose. The soft patter of raindrops filled the silent night sky, the occasional whisper joining the sounds. Taehyung was the only one not shielding himself from the rain as he had persuaded Jungkook into lying him in the soft grass so he could enjoy the sensation of rain on his dry skin. His tail had been in need of water so Jungkook eventually complied, but not without a whine and some gruff reply.

The group men were sat underneath the giant trees, huddled around a campfire which had trouble burning brightly by the soft drops of rain slipping past the leaves. Jungkook had distanced himself and sat the farthest away from the fire since his body temperature was always warm. His ears didn't fixate on the different conversations playing between the other men, as his eyes were solemnly on the merman who was smiling and giggling in the rain. Taehyung's tail was still hurting him but Jimin had promised to try and make a potion to heal the wounds.

Yoongi sat next to Jimin who was busy trying to come up with the right ingredients. He glanced at a rustle in the leaves where a small rabbit hopped its way to Jimin, the boy being too focused to realize the animal wanted to speak to him. So the platina blonde nudged the boy who seemed agitated at him since he interrupted his thought process.

"What?", he hissed at Yoongi who was taking aback by the snappy response.

"I think there's someone who wants to talk to you", he replied, pointing at the small animal sitting close to them on the grass. Jimin glanced at the animal and then back at Yoongi.

"He's cold and can't sleep because of the rain. He saw this fire and just wants to warm up and cuddle", Jimin explained as Yoongi watched the rabbit hop to him and snuggle against his leg, "I told him he could cuddle you".

Yoongi's facial expression made Jimin snicker and he eventually picked up the rabbit and placed it in Yoongi's lap.

"Take good care of him okay?", he told the older, "Give him all the love you can muster". And with a wink Jimin was back working on his potion while Yoongi was left staring at the brown animal snuggled up in his lap.

On the other side of the camp fire, Hoseok and Namjoon were discussing earlier events. They had tons of theories they needed to share, but since no one seemed interested in some scientific talk, the two men only had each other as company. (both men not sure if that was good thing)

"What do you think of Jimin?", Namjoon had asked, getting an unamused look back from the other.

Hoseok crossed his legs and leant back on his arms, staring at the pink haired boy sitting across of him, working on a potion, almost so innocently.

"He's a kitsune of course", he replied, shifting one arm to wipe the fringe out of his eyes, "He can communicate with animals, can change into some powerful creature who glows gold, had nine tales and knows medicine. It's pretty obvious".