TEN

The team was on their way to the nearest town where they could probably find some resources and a car

The team was on their way to the nearest town where they could probably find some resources and a car. Taehyung was being carried by Jimin who had volunteered to lift the merman into his arms for the journey. He really wanted the awkward tension between Jungkook and Taehyung to disappear but the merman appeared to still be in thought about the given information about the werewolf's weird behavior. He wasn't sure what Taehyung thought about Jungkook imprinting on him. The merman hadn't really said anything after Jimin explained the situation, which was weird since Taehyung loved to talk.

"Jimin", Taehyung spoke up, noticing the kitsune's pained face, as if he was struggling more and more to keep the merman steady. The pink haired boy hummed, glancing down at the boy in his arms. "Please hand me over to Jungkook. I notice I'm tiring you out", the merman spoke.

"But-"

"I have to make it up to Kookie", Taehyung explained, "And the only way I can talk to him in private while not hindering our journey is by him carrying me".

Jimin sighed, "Alright. I'm glad you decided on making up".

"I can't stay mad at such a cute wolfie", Taehyung chuckled. Jimin nodded with a smile & walked to the front of the group where Jungkook had taken the silent lead. The werewolf walked some distance away from the group while his gaze was stuck on the never ending horizon. The rest of the team had noticed the boy's off behavior and knew Taehyung had had a much bigger impact on him than the merman himself had expected to have. They were relieved to see Jimin walking to the front with Taehyung, a nervous smile on the merman's expression.

"Good luck", Hoseok chuckled, high fiving the smiling merman.

"Jungkook".

The said boy hummed and kept walking, not once glancing beside him, afraid to see the anger in Taehyung's eyes. Even though Jimin had spoken out his name, he knew it wasn't the kitsune who came for him. But he was too cowardly to even answer Jimin.

"Taehyung wants to talk to you so take him with you will ya? My arms are sore from this heavy weight", the kitsune spoke, laughing when a sudden 'hey' was yelled and a stomp ended on his chest.

Jungkook had already stopped walking at those words, his heart hammering in his chest, the same hammering Taehyung was feeling in his own chest.

"Here", Jimin said, laying Taehyung in the werewolf's strong arms. "Have fun you two". He spoke with a wink before skipping back to the group and started walking next to Yoongi.

Jungkook gulped and started walking eventually, not daring to look down in case he'd catch Taehyung's stare.

"Jungkookie", the merman spoke up softly. He sighed once he noticed the werewolf didn't respond, except for the loud thumping he could hear by his head laying against the boy's hard chest. "I'm sorry".

"Please don't apologize", Jungkook replied, almost falling silent at the emotions filling his words, "It was my fault".

"It wasn't", Taehyung sighed, "I overreacted and you had no chance to know what I was upset about. It was my fault. Don't beat yourself up for this".

"I'll always beat myself up for hurting you", Jungkook whispered, a lump forming in his throat.

The merman laid his hand on the other's heart and grasped at the fabric of the black shirt, "Jimin told me why you're acting like this".

This effectively made the other's breath hitch but he didn't respond.

"I get it. You imprinted on me. But please, don't hurt yourself by trying to keep me happy".

Jungkook sniffled and wished he could have a hand free to rub the wetness out of his eyes. He didn't want to seem weak in front of his merman.

"I'm sorry for doing this to you", his voice cracked, "It didn't mean to happen. But then you were gone and I realized I couldn't live like that and fuck- when I heard your screams and cries I wanted nothing more than to destroy the entire human race just so they could never hurt you again. I didn't choose for the imprinting to happen. It happened unknowingly and only now my wolf is telling me about it and I feared you'd hate me for this, since you're stuck with me now-"

"Jungkookie", Taehyung halted the boy, holding a hand on his mouth to stop him from speaking, "Please stop talking. You're only hurting yourself".

Jungkook's breath went uneven and Taehyung knew he was trying his hardest not to cry in front of him. He released his hand.

"I'm fine with being stuck with you. If a cute and handsome wolfie like you will protect me I have nothing against it. Besides I quite like you".

"Really?", Jungkook asked, his voice now having completely given up. Tears streamed out of his eyes and his nose & cheeks went a little red, "Y-You h-have n-no idea h-how hap-happy that m-makes m-me". He closed his eyes, embracing the tears running down his cheeks because for the first time in his life they were from happiness, true happiness.

Taehyung cooed at the cute crying werewolf and reached out his hand to wipe away the tears rolling down his face. "You're so cute Jungkookie".

~•~
i have a crazy idea and it contains a lot of thinking and persuading people so i'll let you know if it works!