FOURTEEN

Jungkook smiled fondly at the merman currently flopping his tail in the overly flooded bath

Jungkook smiled fondly at the merman currently flopping his tail in the overly flooded bath. When Taehyung had mentioned 'knowing what we could do' Jungkook had imagined nothing more than this. He had immediately ran to a house hoping it was one with a bathtub and one that wasn't too dirty to bathe his precious merman in.

"I love water", the brunette giggled, splashing water everywhere. It didn't really matter that almost half of the bathroom was flooded since it wasn't theirs and it actually cleaned most of the dust away.

The werewolf bit his lip in case he'd say something stupid along the lines of 'I love you' and glanced out of the window instead. He had a beautiful view of the street from where he stood and could spot Namjoon standing on the lookout while Yoongi smashed a car window.

"It seems the guys found us a little van", Jungkook spoke up as he saw the merman's brother effectively starting the car.

"Ooh! A van! I have an idea", Taehyung piped up, clapping his hands in excitement. Jungkook immediately looked back at his mate, a thing he absolutely loved doing. "What if we could find a little pool and fill it with water and lay it in the back so it can keep me hydrated! Doesn't that sound great!?"

"If it'll make sure you won't dry out then it sounds amazing", Jungkook smiled before glancing around, "I'll go search around in this house. It seems the people here had children so there's a big chance there'd be a kiddy pool around here".

"Okay", Taehyung smiled but quickly changed it into a pout, "But don't forget to pick me up okay?"

"How could I ever", Jungkook smiled. He walked closer to the tub and bend down to give his mate's fluffy hair a little kiss, "I'll be back soon".

Taehyung, who had a fierce blush spread out on his cheeks smiled shyly, "Okay".

»»-----  -----««

In the meantime Jin had joined Jimin and Hoseok's sides in case he'd get attacked again. He was visible and dressed into an hideous Hawaiian shirt matched with bright purple pants.

"If the mutants hadn't spotted us before, they sure would have spotted us now", Jimin noticed, glancing at the eldest's outfit, "You look like a walking traffic light that went through a bad make over".

"It hurts my eyes", Hoseok groaned, closing his eyes a bit to show how painful it was.

"The disrespect! I am older than all of you you know!?"

"Oh trust me, we know", Jimin mumbled to the other, "Grandpa".

"I heard that!"

Hoseok leaned into Jimin, "A wonder he was able to hear that with his grandfather ears".

Both boys broke into fits of laughter when Jin started running after them, hands ready in slap position to smack their faces.

»»-----  -----««

"We should inform the others we found a car", Namjoon said, patting the black van, "So they can put all of the found supplies in the back".

Yoongi agreed as he climbed out of the driver's seat, "We should leave before it gets dark. I don't want to face a huddle of mutants at night. Those fuckers seem to have night vision or something".

The younger nodded and glanced around the neighborhood in case he'd spot the others.

"It's quite a change for all of us isn't it?", he suddenly spoke up, making the other frown.

"What do you mean?"

Namjoon locked onto Yoongi's confused gaze and smiled, "We used to be all alone, walking our own paths and thinking we were on our own in this fucked up world. And then we met through strange events and here we are, finding each other, finding trust in each other and finding love". He watched the other's eyes soften.

"It's true. I'm glad my brother is finally among people. He always tried keeping up a strong appearance, said he loved the water more than companionship", the older boy chuckled sadly, "But I knew he was lying and I knew he was depressed. And look at him now. He managed to turn a cold werewolf soft and unknowingly imprint on him".

"You really love your brother", Namjoon smiled, patting the older on the shoulder.

"Of course I do. I'm his big bro".