TWENTY EIGHT

So something went wrong with the previous update. I was already confused why there were almost no comments while this chapter was pretty D R A MA T IC and now I just realized that instead of publishing the WHOLE chapter of 1500 words, Wattpad decided to only publish 200 of those 1500 words. J U S T G R8 isn't it. So hopefully everyone can read everything now. Have fun!

"What the fuck is that!?", Hoseok screamed out with his finger pointing at the evident bite mark on the red-haired merman's shoulder. All the others, except for the kitsune, gasped and ran over to Taehyung, surprising him.

Yoongi, on the other hand, stormed over to Jungkook, who was staring with concern at his mate being mobbed. He had been too caught up gazing at Taehyung that he hadn't seen the angry human storming up to him.

What he certainly hadn't seen coming was the fist aimed at & colliding with his cheek.

"Yoongi!", Taehyung yelled out in panic, making the others' attention divert from the bite mark on Taehyung to the angry red hue on Jungkook's cheek from where he got hit. "What's gotten into you!?"

Yoongi angrily turned around, eyes ablaze as his gaze fixated on the obvious bite mark on his twin brother. "What's gotten into me!? What about you! Why are you casually sitting with this monster that fucking hurt you!"

"I willingly let him do this to me!", Taehyung yelled back, pointing at the mark, "And don't you dare call Jungkook that ever again!"

A loud growl rippled through the tense atmosphere, immediately stilling everyone. In the heat of the moment they had seemingly forgotten about the punched werewolf who had certainly not appreciated the hit to the face.

"Jungkook", Taehyung breathed out in shock, seeing how his mate's eyes had begun shining a deep angry red. The hit to his face had left a ugly purple mark behind, one that would fade as soon as it had come since he was a werewolf. The werewolf got up from where he had been knocked to the ground, his shoulders standing wide as his breathing got heavier.

"Jungkook", the merman spoke out calmly, though on the inside he was nothing but that. It looked like his mate was on the verge of shifting shape and he knew that once the wolf would come out everything would go to hell. "Jungkook, please, I need you to calm down", Taehyung said, reaching out his hand towards the werewolf, only for his hand to get slapped away by his brother.

"Don't fucking get near him when he's this close to going ballistic", Yoongi snapped, taking a few steps back himself to create distance between him and the werewolf.

"Who do you think made him this way!?", Taehyung hissed back before reaching out his hand again.

Jungkook wasn't listening to the noises around him, rather battling the voices going on inside of him. His wolf wanted to rip the human to shreds, both for attacking him & for hurting his mate. He had also heard the word monster being aimed at him, which really fueled the fire raging inside of him because he has been despising the word ever since his family had called him that way.

But his human side didn't want his wolf to get through. He knew he would do horrendous things in this state of anger and he couldn't afford hurting or killing anyone from the group. Not just because of his conscience, but also because he knew Taehyung would never be able to forgive him.

Waves of panic and anxiety reached him, making him realize that those weren't his, but rather his mate's feelings. He was able to feel what Taehyung felt now the marking was complete, and it was evident that his mate was scared- probably of Jungkook himself.

Being able to read the merman's feelings was a good way to calm himself down. Now that his wolf knew that going ballistic would have a negative effect on the mate bond, the wolf had stopped forcing itself to come through.