TWENTY TWO

Lips passionately pressed against each other while the table trembled underneath the weight of a merman and a werewolf making out on top of it. Jungkook's hands were clutching his mate's side, desperately holding on to him as Taehyung's fingers tangled in his hair. The merman was sat on the younger's lap, tail flopping off the table while Jungkook kept the boy steady in his arms.

This was the alone time Taehyung had been craving for ever since Yoongi had pulled him and Jungkook apart when they had started making out in the back of the truck. Even though their relationship had been growing stronger through their hardships, there hadn't been much physical contact between the two except for the werewolf carrying him to everywhere.

He wanted his mate's touch but he also knew that outside of kissing nothing much else could happen between them. He was part fish, and that part wasn't very practical to use when you were rolling around on a table. Sure, seeing as they were two males, making babies was of course impossible.

But sex? That would be possible if it wasn't for the fact Taehyung had no human parts from his waist down. Had he thought about that yet? Of course. Did he hate himself for being part fish? Not really, he pretty much blamed his mother for that. But did he hate himself because he could never fully give himself to Jungkook? Yeah, there was some guilt there.

Jungkook had noticed the lack of response he was getting from his mate and pulled back from kissing the boy. "What's wrong?" His eyes wandered from Taehyung's hands falling to his sides and the unshed tears in the merman's eyes.

"Nothing", Taehyung sniffed, looking the other way so he wouldn't have to face the werewolf. This made Jungkook growl, not because his mate looked away, but because the merman felt he couldn't tell Jungkook what the problem was.

The growl surprised Taehyung and he briefly glanced back to Jungkook, who was staring at him with furrowed brows. The werewolf was also pouting a bit, which Taehyung found absolutely adorable, but he still didn't want to tell him what was wrong. Jungkook would probably start beating himself up because he would think he had given Taehyung the impression he wasn't enough. Which of course wasn't the truth.

"Tae-"

A horrible scream cut through Jungkook's words, startling both men at the piercing sound. Their heads snapped to the direction the sound had come from which had been somewhere outside. Jungkook slid off the table and tip toed to the front door, trying to peep through the window next to it. He couldn't see anything outside on the streets but he knew nothing in this world was what it seemed. Something had happened. And he didn't feel like running into the cause of that scream.

He jogged back to Taehyung who had stayed on the table, waiting for his mate to return. He cocked his head in question and Jungkook shrugged his shoulders as answer. They both weren't sure why they stopped talking after that scream, but they didn't really feel like making much noise anymore.

Taehyung let himself be scooped into the younger's arm and tightly clutched the werewolf's shirt in his hands, just for comfort. Jungkook wasn't sure where they should go from where they were. Walking out of the house onto the open street seemed like a bad plan, but they couldn't really stay in this house for eternity. They had to go back to the others. Maybe they had heard the scream as well, or they had slept through it. Either way, it was bad news for them.

"I think we could go to the next house from the garden", Taehyung whispered, pointing at the backdoor, "That way we don't have to go onto the street".

Jungkook nodded and walked to the backdoor, letting Taehyung grab the handle and open it. They didn't like the eerie ambiance that was in the air after the scream, and they both just wanted to get the hell out of this town. The garden was barren, which was to be expected after seeing the house's interior. The two neighboring houses had tall hedges around them so no one would be able to peek into their garden. Jungkook walked to the left, which was the way towards where the others were. He lifted Taehyung so the merman could peek over the hedge and into the other garden & house.

He gave a thumbs up to his mate when the coast seemed clear. Jungkook nodded and started climbing over the hedge, softly slipping Taehyung over it, who fell onto the soft grass. He got picked up by Jungkook again and both boys continued their way to the other side of the garden. They hopped the fence to the next garden and started making their way to the next fence when another scream resonated through town.

Jungkook immediately froze in place while Taehyung stilled in his arms. They were hidden behind the house and through the large windows the house had, they could see another window on the other side of the house that was looking out on the streets. It seemed like something was moving on the street, but it was quite far away and blurred by the dirty windows.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook with unknown fear in his eyes. The werewolf could tell his mate was nervous & scared and thought that hiding might be the best option for now. The next house had a wide garden which could be seen from the street, so it was best not to be there when there was something scary walking down the street.

Jungkook tried the backdoor and found it locked. He could always break the door down with his inhumane strength, but that'd make noise, noise they couldn't afford making. Sighing he looked around, wondering what their next move would be. While he was gazing around the garden, he noticed the grass being stepped on, almost as if an invisible person was coming towards them.

"Jin?", he whispered when the steps came closer, making Taehyung also aware of the new presence.

"Heh, you spotted me already", Jin snickered silently, coming to a halt in front of them, "I was already wondering how to make myself known without you guys screaming your lungs out".

"My Jungkookie is a smart wolf", Taehyung whispered back, lovingly giving the younger a peck on the cheek, "By the way, how did you find us?"

Suddenly Jin turned visible again, startling the other two. "I spotted you through the bathroom window of the house we were in", Jin said, pointing at the house that was beside the neighboring one. It was big and one of the windows looked out onto the gardens of the houses on its right. "We were all startled awake by that scream so I came to look for you guys".

"Do you know where it came from? We saw something on the street but we couldn't really tell what it was", Jungkook asked but Jin shook his head in reply. "I hopped the fences like you did. I didn't dare walking out on the street with the chance of turning visible again".

"So what do we do now?", Taehyung pondered, "Just jump into the car and leave?"

"I guess so", Jin shrugged, "Or we lie low until it disappears".

But the scream that followed, and the proximity of the sudden scream told them that lying low wouldn't be possible. Especially not when they could hear their friends yells as well.