THIRTY FIVE

The group quickly split up once they figured out what to do. Jungkook and Taehyung stayed in the alleyway since neither could move on their own and they'd just weigh the others down.

Jimin decided to be the one to stay with them since he could cause the most damage when they would get attacked. He could also keep Jungkook in his place if he would get another werewolf fit out of pain.

The scientists split up as well, figuring it'd be better to scout out different areas in search of mechanical parts that could fix their gear. Namjoon went with Yoongi while Hoseok and Jin went the other way.

They had a few things to look out for. They needed to get food (since the rats had eaten everything), water, a medical kit so they could patch up Jungkook and a safe space to stay so they'd be out of sight (preferably with a bath tub in which they could drop Taehyung into to hydrate him again).

Yoongi had given one of his guns to Hoseok so their team could defend themselves as well. Jin wasn't that much of help with his invisibility when they would get attacked.

"You think you can handle a gun?", the eldest spoke as they began their search into a random neighborhood.

The streets were empty, the gardens barren. They tried staying out of sight, searching for a house without broken windows or open doors. Chances were that other people had already looked for loot in the houses so if everything still looked closed or intact, there'd be less chance the house was raided already.

Hoseok looked at the gun in his hand and then back up to the other, "Can you?"

"No, that's why I'm asking", Jin replied, scoffing as if the answer was obvious, which it had been. He hated anything that had to do with violence so he had never touched a gun in his life.

Silence followed for a moment as the men climbed over a fence. "Did you find a cure for Taehyung?", Jin asked as he jumped down, "It'd be great if you did".

"It's complicated", the scientist replied, looking around to see if the coast was clear, "I think Taehyung's mutation has something to do with the other mutations but I'm not quite sure why he didn't change into something brainless as mutants".

"So you're saying that if we find the cure for the mutations, that we also find a cure for Taehyung?", Jin asked, eyes big and hopeful.

"I guess", Hoseok shrugged, awkwardly weighing the foreign gun in his hand as they sneaked into a backyard. The house was big and fairly intact, which made it look quite promising. "Namjoon's better at medical stuff than me. He'll find a cure sooner than I would".

The older male gasped and it made Hoseok freeze in his tracks. He stared back at the guy with a distressed look but Jin didn't seem to care as he said, "I can't believe those words actually left your mouth".

"What? Why?", the scientist asked, tilting his head to the side.

"You're always bickering", Jin replied, beginning to walk again, "I heard about how you two met and your childhood with each other. I didn't think you'd ever admit Namjoon being better at something than you are".

Hoseok visibly relaxed, "He didn't hear it so it's just between us alright? His ego would inflate so much that he would fly higher than his mechanical wings could ever carry him".

The older let out a laugh at that as they neared the back of the house. The backdoor was made out of glass, and the inside of the house looked promising. "Isn't your childhood home somewhere around here?"

"Yeah, but it's best if we don't go there. My parents didn't like stocking too much food at the same time so there probably won't be anything", Jin sighed, examining the inside of the house.