FIVE

It's been a long time since I've done so many updates in one night! Also: hi @ the girl from group b who reads this fanfic. i'm so embarrassed you found me on wattpad. i had never expected someone i know irl to find me on this.

Taehyung was in a lot of pain, had been for a long time

Taehyung was in a lot of pain, had been for a long time. After being taken out of the fish bowl they had called his normal habitat - fucking sciency dickheads - they had started experimenting on him. The memories of their tests were vague and he had been loopy most of the time. He only knew they thought his mutation that had caused him to turn into a merman, had the same DNA as the mutation going on in the rest of the world.

He didn't really care about all of that. He just wanted to get out of their grip and bolt out of the door. But he couldn't, because, one: he had a tail, two: there was no one waiting for him outside of that door. The others had left him to fend for himself in the ocean so they were clueless he had been kidnapped. That was until Jungkook had shown up at the aquarium as the cute wolfie he was. Taehyung wasn't sure what had happened to the alpha but he knew one thing: it wasn't good.

And his predictions had been correct when he heard the growls coming from the other side of the curtain. He had awoken out of a sleep the scientists had put him in and could hear the profanities the person next to him was yelling out to the men.

"Fucking unchain me and face me like the pussies you are! You have what's mine and are hurting him! You won't be unpunished. I swear to god you'll pay for this!"

The voice sounded a lot like the Jungkookie he knew and he was relieved to hear that the boy was alive and well. The only downside to knowing this was knowing that he had been captured as well. He wanted to scream out to the boy to make his presence known, but his voice didn't work and how bad he tried straining it, it wouldn't come out.

"A siren's voice is a dangerous thing", a scientist smiled down at him, the man had appeared out of nowhere it had seemed, "So we took it away for a little while".

Taehyung had wished death upon them all, but not before they were tortured slowly and painfully. Since that was what they had been doing to him for hours. The pretty scales on his tail had been scorched, pulled out of his skin, and removed without any painkiller for Taehyung.

So when he heard Jungkook growl, the door break open, and his friend's voices, he was the happiest merman in the entire world.

It didn't take long before Jungkook appeared, ripping through the curtain and ripping the scientists to shreds as well. Taehyung didn't know whether to close his eyes or enjoy seeing the men he despised being killed. Chaos filled the room and he was quickly unchained by Namjoon who seemed a bit scared and relieved at the same time.

"Jimin and Jungkook are going totally loco out there", he spoke hastily, "I think Hoseok is close to passing out".

This made Taehyung snort, even in the situation they were, and feel a bit proud knowing the team was doing well. The fights soon died down while Taehyung was picked up by Namjoon since he couldn't walk. He winced when his tail rubbed against the other's body, the painful wounds stinging incredibly.

But his wounds were nothing compared to the mess in the room. Dead bodies and blood filled the once spotless operation room. He noticed Jimin looking worn out while Hoseok and Yoongi seemed both scared of Jimin and the bloody wolf panting in the corner, a leg lying next to him.

As soon as the black beast noticed Namjoon walking out with Taehyung in his arms, he ran up to them which scared Namjoon making him scream.

Taehyung laughed at his and reached out his hand to pat the wolf who seemed relieved to see Taehyung alive. He licked the merman's hand and nuzzled his head into the palm of the older's hand.

"See? He's a cute wolfie when he isn't angry", Taehyung spoke a matter-of-factly, "Isn't that right Jungkookie?"

The wolf whined in embarrassment and his eyes landed on the wounds inflicted on the merman's tail. He suddenly started growling lowly, his eyes shining a bloody red which amused Taehyung.

"It's alright now", he spoke softly, "They can't hurt me anymore. You killed all of them".

This calmed down the wolf and he changed back into his human form- which was very naked but no one seemed to care in this situation.

Jungkook stuck out his hands and Namjoon got the hint pretty quick. He handed over Taehyung who chuckled once he was in the younger's embrace.

"Such strong arms", he cooed, "You really are a strong wolfie Jungkookie".

The younger rolled his eyes, even though a soft pink dusted his cheeks and walked out of the room with his merman in arms. The rest glanced at the duo and then at each other before following them outside.

Their first mission had been a success!