The Invisible

The Invisible: a folktale that roamed around the earth

There once was a young boy who was said to be the most beautiful of them all. His father was a scientist while his mother worked in a flower shop, taking her son with her, instead of leaving him home alone. The flowers dulled at his beauty and all the customers who had wanted to buy a bouquet, declined their order once their eyes fell on the boy, standing in the shop. The flowers didn't look as pretty anymore. Nature suddenly didn't seem as appealing anymore when they looked at the unrealistic beauty of the boy.

His mother never brought him with her anymore and left him home. Her business was failing because of her son, and she would soon lose her job. His father decided that his son could sit with him while doing experiments.

But the young boy turned out to be interested into chemicals as well and tried helping his father. Since his beauty distracted his father's colleagues, many experiments failed and soon they were all fired, including his father.

The boy soon realized he was the reason his parents were both jobless. They looked miserable and didn't even look at their son after that. The young boy decided that he had to do something or else they would be homeless soon.

He visited the flower shop and convinced the new owners to employ his mother. The woman immediately agreed, mesmerized by the boy's beauty and charisma.

He then went to the company his father had worked for and tried convincing them too. There's not much to say except his parents found their jobs once again and went back to work.

The young boy was happy to see his parents happy again, though they still didn't talk to him. They didn't look after him or seemed to care anymore, even after he got everything back right of what he had done wrong.

He realized his parents didn't love him anymore. His beauty only caused trouble and they didn't allow him outside anymore since they didn't want him to be seen by others. He became invisible to the world, and even in his parents' eyes.

The boy followed his father to work one day and hid in one of the chemical closets. Once everyone stopped working and went home, he slipped out and decided on testing out a file he had found in one of his father's drawers.

But something went wrong. The potion he had created which would grant him ugliness didn't turn out the right way. Instead of his skin sagging it became transparent, and instead of his body hunching over it became invisible to the human eye.

He had granted his parents' wish and became invisible to everyone.

Literally.