ELEVEN

Fifteen mutants

Fifteen mutants. Two burning cars, almost close to exploding. And a screaming Jin running around in circles looking as visible as ever.

Feeling confused? I'll rewind the time to a few hours back like the badass Doctor Who I am. Ready? One. Two. Three-

Whoooooooooooooooooooosh

"We're finally here!", Taehyung cheered, stretching out his arms (& almost hitting Jungkook in the face) when he saw the houses in the distance getting bigger until they were standing in front of them. Jungkook, who had skillfully dodged the tan fist coming his way, carefully laid the merman on the ground to finally relieve his arms.

"Jungkookie", a deep voice whined, grabby hands being made at the werewolf who grunted as he saw his adorable mate wanting to be picked up again.

"You're already misusing your position as mate I see", Jimin chuckled as he walked past the two supernatural creatures, immediately getting a glare from Taehyung who also stuck out his tongue.

Namjoon had already been scanning the area from the sky and made his way back down to report his findings. But he landed on the wrong place, technically said the wrong person since he bumped into an invisible Jin and knocked the older into the ground.

"Nam fucking joon", Jin yelled, spitting out the dirt that had gotten into his mouth, "I'll smack your head into the ground until you become a fucking ostrich!"

Namjoon, who had gotten up from the ground already, took a few hesitant steps back. Both petrified and amused because what was human noodle Jin going to do to him? But even though his head said no, his heart said run, so he ran, being chased by a red faced Jin with dirt all over his handsome face.

"Even though this is obviously funny as hell", Yoongi stated, combing his fingers together and putting them behind his head to lean against, "We have a village to scout so stop being so childish and let's get moving".

This effectively made Jin freeze and turn to a bored looking Yoongi, "Childish? Did you just call me childish? I am older than you! Have some respect or you'll be the next ostrich!"

Jungkook, who had silently picked up the -now happily grinning- merman again, huffed at all the drama going on. He glanced down at the giggling boy in his arms and smiled softly. Turning on his heel, he walked onto the main road of the town, discarding the other members since they were too busy being nuisances.

"Jungkookie? Where are we going?", Taehyung asked, mindlessly poking the werewolf in the belly.

Jungkook grunted, "We're going to be productive and try to find some food and water".

"And what about the rest?.

The werewolf glanced behind him to see the team still bickering, not noticing two of their members had disappeared.

"They'll manage".

"Hey guys-"

"Eat dirt you little vixin!", Jin screeched pushing Jimin's head closer to the ground, the kitsune staring at the human with a 'do you really want to do this' look, his eyes flashing golden. Jin released his head and crossed his arms. "Or not", he mumbled disapprovingly.

"Guys!", Hoseok shouted, finally attracting everyone's attention. Yoongi, who has gotten a mud ball in the face and Namjoon who had tried escaping by using his wings, looked at the ginger haired scientist.

"Are you telling me no one -but me- noticed Jungkook & Taehyung leaving?", Hoseok exasperated, watching everyone's eyes go wide, "Oh for fuck's sake this team sucks ass".

Yoongi, who was wiping his face to dispose it from any mud, scowled, "Well I'm sorry! It's not like I didn't try to stop the fight or anything but got some mud thrown at me for trying!"

"It doesn't matter anyway", Jimin sighed, "Let's go after them. We need to stay together as much as possible".

"Sadly", Yoongi grumbled, shooting a glare at a Jin who suddenly turned back invisible.

The two other members had successfully broken into a house and were looking for stuff to take with them. Jungkook had dropped Taehyung on the kitchen floor so the merman could look through all the lower cabinets while he looked through the upper ones.

"A med kit!", Taehyung yelled out excitedly, immediately showing it to the werewolf with a proud grin on his face. The other chuckled at that and patted the merman on his head, taking the med kit out of his hands and laying it on the table.

"It seems unused", Jungkook mumbled after inspecting the insides, "I found some cans of soup and tinned food so I think we're done scavenging here".

"Let's join the rest and show them how productive we've been", Taehyung grinned, stretching out his arms so he could be picked up again.

Jungkook hummed and gave their found stuff to the merman who kept it in his arms. "At least we did something other than making drama", he grumbled.

"You've changed back to your grumpy wolfie", Taehyung giggled, pinching the younger's cheeks, "Smile for me Kookie".

The other gave a strained smile as he walked through the house back to the front door. Taehyung frowned and reached up, planting a soft peck on the werewolf's cheek whose lips almost automatically formed into a smile at that, his cheeks being painted a rosy pink.

"That's better", the merman mused, proud of the effect he had on the younger male.

But the werewolf's smile vanished as soon as it had appeared when they opened the front door, screams already being able to be heard when it was still closed.

"Oh my fucking god", Jungkook mumbled, seeing the merman's eyes widen too.

"How the fuck did this happen?", Taehyung whispered, watching a distressed Jin run around in circles, his shirt being on fire, and also being closed on by a few mutants. The rest of the group was standing in various places, all surrounded by some ugly zombies.

"Jungkook", Taehyung said, voice heavy with seriousness, "Set me down by that creek and join the fight. I'll try to distract the mutants the best way I can".

Even though the werewolf hesitated for a moment, the look sent by his mate quickly let him shut up. He jogged over to the creek and dropped Taehyung next to it.

"Be careful", he whispered, pecking the older on the forehead before joining the fight.

Taehyung sat perplexed, feeling the kiss burn into his forehead and fill him up with a warm feeling.

"You too".

~•~

Something exciting is about to happen! I'll give you a hint: I talked to a LOT of popular vkook authors for a specific reason 👀