Panic

This is set during the latest chapter (number 21/22) the one after Vanitas and Jeanne's date. You should read that chapter before this and if you don't know where to find it I can give you a link to the English translation if you PM me.

SPOILERS AHEAD
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

This is basically going to be Vanitas having a gay (bisexual?) panic™ over the fact that he bailed on Jeanne in order to see if Noé was okay.

---------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Jeanne said that Ruthven had given her permission to go on a date Vanitas felt that something must be off. He had left Noé alone! There was no way that the idiot vampire would be able to see through any of Ruthven's tricks... If Ruthven did indeed plan to trick Noé. For all Vanitas knew he was already too late.

So Vanitas did the only logical thing. He sprinted away from the most gorgeous woman on earth without an explanation. He ran a long way and didn't slow down. Vanitas had never run so fast for so long before.

When Vanitas reached the hotel where he stayed with Noé he flung the door open forcefully, "NOÉ!"

Vanitas panted heavily and sweat rolled down his face. He had really exerted himself in order to get there so fast. Vanitas' face immediately turned to one of shock as Noé replied from where he was lying half tangled in his sheets, presumably he'd only just woken up.

"Nnnnnn? What is it, Vanitaas?" Noé slurred, still half asleep.

"You... !? Huh? Don't tell me... have you been asleep all day!?" Vanitas exclaimed.

Noé seemed confused and he was saying something but Vanitas really didn't care anymore. He was tired and irritable. He had run to Noé for nothing. Vanitas sat down heavily on his bed and rubbed his head.

Vanitas thought about how irrational what he just did was. He had just sprinted across Paris to get to Noé when he wasn't even certain that anything was wrong. It was just a bad feeling and a hunch more than anything. Even if Vanitas had been right and Ruthven wanted to do something to Noé he would have been too late to help Noé. Vanitas had even ran away from Jeanne without a second thought.

Was it possible that he was attached to Noé? Even a little bit? No, surely not. Feelings brought nothing but pain and misery. Noé was just a useful tool for Vanitas. Yes, that must be it. A useful tool that he wasn't ready to part with yet because it came in handy.

"Vanitas... ? Why are you out of breath?" Noé asked snapping Vanitas out of his thoughts. Noé added quietly under his breath, "Hm? ...Did you get hurt?"

"It's nothing!" Vanitas answered harshly huffing out a breath.

Truthfully Vanitas was embarrassed. He would certainly not admit to Noé that he had run back because he was worried. What an awful thought. All these emotions were getting on his nerves. They were useless and they made him weak. Noé was to blame! Stupid vampire.