Volleyball

Guess who's been watching Haikyuu? I've got volleyball on my mind and suddenly I was hit with the genius idea of VnC characters playing volleyball (please be aware I have never played volleyball in my life and may therefore mess some stuff up). So let's go kids! This will probably be more full cast focused than Vaninoé focused but oh well. And my rewatch has let me know I still love Oikawa more than I should.

---------------------------------------------------------

Vanitas was sitting at his desk, scribbling down some work and trying to be productive. He was doing okay, he was bored out of his mind but he was slowly getting things done. Until it was ruined very abruptly and painfully. A stone flew through his open window and hit him in the temple. Quickly followed by someone shouting.

"I'm sorry! I didn't realise the window was open!"

Vanitas growled, stalking over to the window to stick his head out and look down at the street below, "what the hell Noé?"

"We're playing a volleyball game!"

"You hit me in the head for that!" Vanitas tossed the stone back at Noé but it missed and bounced to a halt several feet to his left.

"Come on!"

"What? No! I'm busy!"

"We need another setter."

"Tough. It's not like it's an important game, who cares if you have all the positions filled. I know you can still set decently even if it's not your position."

"I'll just tell Astolfo you were too scared to play him then," Noé shrugged.

"What!? Astolfo!? Argh, give me five minutes and I'll be down there."

Vanitas quickly changed into something suitable for playing volleyball in. Because he absolutely needed a bow somewhere on his outfit Vanitas tied his hair back with a blue ribbon. He slammed the door open before striding up to Noé, scowling. They walked down to the local outdoor volleyball court. Everyone else was already there, warming up. Everyone else being: Antoine, Veronica, Dominique, Jeanne, Dante, Chloé, Jean-Jacques, Roland, Olivier and Astolfo.

Veronica, Antoine and Domi were all standing together, the picture of a cohesive unit despite how little they seemed to get along. They all had their long hair tied up, indicating they planned to play seriously. Jeanne, Chloé and Jean-Jacques were practicing receives together, Jeanne clearly full of energy as she bounced around more than necessary. Roland, Olivier and Astolfo were all stretching together. The only one doing nothing was Dante, who was just standing on the sidelines.

"Hey, Noé, this looks like a real game," Vanitas glared at the gathered group, "I didn't realise you gathered all the most competitive people we've met. I thought this was going to be relaxed."

"It'll be fine. Just set to me if you get too tired to do much else."

"Whatever."

An argument broke out as they tried to split into teams. They wanted it to be an even match but there were also certain players who had specific requirements for playing. For example, Chloé and Jean-Jacques categorically refused to be seperated and others had similar feelings though often less extreme. Domi and Noé wanted to play together but did eventually yield and ended up on opposite teams.

The two teams each had six players. The first consisted of Vanitas, Noé, Jeanne, Dante, Chloé and Jean-Jacques. The second: Roland, Olivier, Antoine, Veronica, Dominique and Astolfo. The elected captains were Jeanne and Roland. Both were reasonably strong teams and Vanitas really wasn't looking forward to dealing with the de Sade trifecta. They had all played each other on various occasions but never that particular group all at once. Most of them were members of different teams after all and the gender differences prevented any official matches between some of them.