Chapter 10

Katniss' POV:

I came back from the hospital a week ago. I haven't been put to bedrest but must not be as active as it would cause the healing process of my shoulder to lengthen. Oh well.

I have still been getting heaps of pain in my shoulder but I don't want to tell Peeta. It'd make him overreact about looking after my shoulder. I don't need that.

I open the back door and head outside. I need some fresh air. I leave the door open and walk down the steps. I smile as a light breeze hits my face. I walk across the garden and up to the garden fence where a couple of kilometres away lies the woods. The green is so lush against the bright blue sky of the day.

I place my hands on top of the posts in front of me and engulf the view before me. I find just standing there relaxing. I close my eyes and try to enjoy it even though I can't venture on any further.

I open my eyes when I hear footsteps behind me. I turn my head and see Peeta walking up to me. He stands by me and wraps his arm around me. We smile at each other before I lean on his shoulder.

"Having fun?" Peeta asks me.

"How can I? I'm not in there." I reply pointing the the tree line that marks the start of the woods.

"Well you looked like you were happy before. I'll take you there sometime soon okay? You can show me the lake you told me about at the hospital."

I nod agreeing. "I have the biggest honor and pleasure to show you. It can be our place now."

"That's good." Peeta kisses my head and I entwine my fingers with his.

"Come, I want to show you something." Peeta tells me and turns me away from the view of the woods and back towards the house.