Chapter 26

Peeta's POV:

"Some one doesn't want to leave me." Katniss says with a smirk.

"Of course not. I love you too much."

"You'll never love me too much." She replies with a smile. I smile back and lean in closer. Katniss does her best to come closer to me.

When we are centimetres away from each others lips, Katniss closes her eyes. I join my lips to hers and I close my eyes. I feel the fire, raging through my body. Only a few times I've ever felt it and this is one of the times.

I kiss her again trailing my hands up the sides of her body and down again. Katniss slides her hands up my chest and over my shoulders. She connects them at the back of neck. We continue to kiss, separating our lips for only a second before they join again.

Soon I decide to leave her lips. I brush my lips against her check and find a way down to her neck. I place my lips on her neck and I hear a quiet moan coming from Katniss' mouth. Katniss places her hands over my muscles on my arm. I leave my lips on her neck for a minute before disconnecting and lying my head carefully on her shoulder. I wrap my arms around her body protectively.

"I'll never let you go." I murmur.

"I'll never leave you alone." Katniss replies.

----------------------

Katniss was able to leave this afternoon, as her nurse told us this morning. She has been here for 4 days straight now. I've never left the room since she was here. I was scared something will go wrong and I wouldn't be there for her.

I got Haymitch to bring us clothing. He did come, surprisingly sober with clothing a few days ago.
He came back to check on Katniss' progress yesterday. I know he cares about us, if he didn't, he wouldn't have come.

Katniss is sitting on the bed with her legs dangling over the side. I'm placing the last of our belongings in the one bag we had.

"Peeta?" Katniss asks and I look up and nod. "Can you help me to the bathroom?"

"Okay Kat." I walk over to her. I can understand why she needs help, she could only have 1/2 an hour exercise each day and I had to help her with those walks. Once I'm in front of her, he grabs onto my shoulders and I hold her waist. Katniss slowly stands up. I slowly walk backwards towards the bedroom door. This takes a couple of minutes but that fine. I manage to get her in.
She closes the door and I finish packing the last items.

Just as I zip up the bag, Katniss knocks on the bathroom door, signaling to me to help her back. I open the door and Katniss quickly grabs onto my shoulders and she tried to walk.
I decide to pick her up and take her to the bed.

"The wheelchair will be here in a minute." Katniss nods and move the bag closer to us and I sit by her. I wrap an arm around the back of her and stroke her left arm. "You okay?" she nods again and the room door opens and a new nurse comes in with a wheelchair. She wheels it to us.

"Thank you." I thank and kiss Katniss before I slowly help her into the wheelchair. I sling our bag our my shoulder and start wheeling Katniss out of the hospital.