Chapter 29

Katniss' POV:

I wake up quite a bit later, after a nightmare free sleep. I look around and find myself still lying with Peeta in the meadow. I gaze up and realize the light of the day is nearly gone. I turn to Peeta who is sound asleep. I won't wake him even though I should.

I feel Peeta's warmth against my side. It's making me addicted. I slowly turn onto my right side and snuggle deeper into his chest. I feel Peeta's arm wrap around me more and I smile before sleep pulls me under again.

---------------------

"Katniss." I hear Peeta softly say into my ear and I slowly open my eyes. Light begins to blind me as I try to see clearer. I look around and see we are in our bedroom.

"How did we get in here?" I ask Peeta who replies simply.

"Late last night, I brought you in."

"In the dark!?" I exclaim sleepily.

"Amazingly I could see." He says while I meet his eyes.

"I'm surprised." I comment and he nods.

"Had a good sleep?" I nod back to Peeta in reply.

"You?" I politely ask in reply.

"Same as you, peaceful." I smile, I'm so glad that is the case. I sigh, I feel so happy. Happy with Peeta for the first time in my life. It seems to be different. I feel different. Is this what happy feels like?

Peeta sits up in the bed and I sit up with him. "If you're going to follow me, come on." He suggests. I grab his hand and we get up from the bed and walk out of the room.

I follow Peeta downstairs and he leads me into the living room. There is a lot of daylight shining through the open window. Peeta stops and I walk around in a circle before pressing my chest against his. I wrap my arms around Peeta's neck. His around my waist.

Without any beat or music to follow we start moving around the room. A beaming smile on both of our faces we perfectly synchronize our moves without any attention. I stare into the eyes of the one and only Peeta Mellark and he returns the favour by staring into mine. Just by looking at him, I know he feels happy. Experiencing this different feeling. I know that we feel the same way and can understand each other.

We continue to dance slowly around the room, not worrying or caring about anything that could disrupt us. I let go the question that seemed to linger for a while on the edge of my brain.

"How long will you love me Peeta Mellark?"

"Always." He replies and I kiss him.