Chapter 30

Peeta's POV:

I hear knock coming from the front door. Must be our guests. Katniss and I decided to meet up with a close friend and their family. We were going to go to them but they insisted coming here.

"Coming!" I exclaim. "Ready Kat?" Kaniss nods at me and stands up. I entwine my fingers in hers and we walk from the living room to the front door.

We stop in front of the door. with my free hands I grasp the door knob and turn it. I pull the door towards me and I discover my prediction was right.

Our guests have arrived. In front of us are the one and only:

Annie and Fin Odair from District 4.

"Annie!" Katniss and I exclaim with smiles on my faces.

"Hello." Annie replies with a wide smile. Katniss embraces her first. After Katniss, I lean forward and give her a hug, without Fin getting in the way.

"How are you?" Katniss asks.

"Good thanks." She replies.

"Come in." I move and gesture them to come in. Annie and Katniss walks in and I close the door. Annie lifts up Fin from her side and hands him to me. I take hold of him and place him on my side.

"How ya doing Fin?" I ask the 21 month old Fin who sucks on his fingers. Fin takes his fingers and place them on my face. I close my eyes and feel, saliva on me.

I can hear Annie and Katniss chuckling in the background. "What about you guys catch up, I'll look after Fin." Katniss and Annie agree and I think disappear into the kitchen.

I open my eyes and walk into the living room. I sit on the sofa and place Fin on my knees. Fin is so adorable. He has his fathers hair, green eyes and his mothers face.

I take Fin's small hands in mine and start bobbing him up and down on my knees. I continue to play with him for quite a while before he falls asleep. I then lay him in my arms and walk into the kitchen.

When Annie and Katniss see me and Fin they quietly exclaim in awe. "You tired Finny out." Annie says in a baby voice and I place him in his mothers arms. "Well this means I should probably go. Katniss tell Peeta what I told you. I know he'll want to know." Annie says while looking at Katniss.

Behind Annie I smirk. Katniss nods and then looks at me.

"Peeta..." Annie turns to face me.

"Oh Peeta." she playfully hits my arm before hugging me.

"Nice to see you." We exchange to each other. Then Annie goes to Katniss before we wave her goodbye and the door and Annie leaves with Fin.

Katniss closes the door and I lead her into the kitchen. She sits down while I get myself a drink.

"You work really well with kids." I turn to Katniss.

"Really? I didn't really think so." I reply.

"Yeah. You do." I shrug.

I quickly blurt out the question I really wanted to ask her without any thought. "Would you consider kids in the future?" Katniss stays silent for a few seconds and stares blankly at me.

"No." With that, Katniss stands up and leaves me in the kitchen.