Chapter 24

Peeta's POV:

"You mutt." I say under my breath. Anger bubbling inside me.

I can't do anything now. I walk straight up to the mutt sitting in a bed. I grab her hair and yank on it.

"Now you listen to me. You're a machine. You're a mutt that killed everyone I loved and ever knew." I say through closed teeth.

What am I saying? Katniss is staring wide eyed at me.

"Peeta this is not the real you. I know the real Peeta is somewhere deep down. Peeta this is not real."

"Who are you telling not real? You are the one not real!" Shes a mutt.

I yank on Katniss' hair tighter. "You're not getting out of this place alive. You'll be dead soon enough." Katniss yelps as I pull tighter. "Hear me?"

"Not real Peeta. Not real. I love you."

"How can you? Did the Capitol program you to tell me that?"

"Oh Peeta where are you!?"

I slap her face. "Mutt. I will kill you. It's my job to make sure that happens." Tears start falling down the mutt's face. I take two steps back. "Aww, are you weak and vulnerable now?" I say with an evil smirk.

I grab both of her shoulders and tighten my grip on them. Katniss cries in pain. "Peeta please. Come back to me."

Images of Katniss and I kissing come into view. I remain calm for a few seconds before the image shows Katniss stabbing me in the arm. Stinking mutt!

Friend? Lover? ENEMY?

Girlfriend? MUTT?

Partner? Hunter?

"What are you Katniss?"

"I'm your girlfriend that loves you so much Peeta."

"How can I trust you?" I say with confusion and anger in my voice. Katniss doesn't reply.

"YOU'RE A MUTT. YOU'RE A CAPITOL CREATION. WHY DO YOU EVEN EXIST??? ARE YOU JUST MANIPULATING ME AS A PLAN TO KILL ME??" I scream at her face. "Tell me!" Again, Katniss doesn't reply.

I dig my fingers into her arms. She screams in pain. Wait. What am I doing? I release my grip from her and remove my hands. I stare at them with shock. Katniss starts crying. Her face is turned away from me. I go to the other side of the bed and cup her face carefully in my hands.

"Katniss, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you please forgive me!" Katniss with her eyes closed shakes her head. I am shocked. What? She won't forgive me?

I slowly take my hands away and sit on the ground next to the bed. I lean my head on the bed and start crying as well. I bury my head in the gap between my body and knees and plead for her forgiveness.

Now that time it went to far.

"I'm sorry."