Chapter 15

Katniss' POV:

"Bye." I farewell Peeta at the front door. He has to go to the bakery today, I'll will be bored to bits. Peeta hugs me and gives me a kiss.

"Bye." Peeta exits out of the door and into the victors village courtyard. I sigh and I close the door.

I slowly walk over to the couch and lazily slump backwards. I grab the remote to turn on the project and see what's on the channels.

It turns onto the news channel and see the headline.

"Are our star - crossed lovers together?" I sigh with annoyance. Another stupid story to keep everyone's hopes up. I'm surprised they haven't seen us recently. I start flicking through the other channels.

10 minutes since Peeta left and I am already so bored. I give up and turn the projector off.
I lightly chuck the remote on the table in front of the couch and stare at the ceiling. What am I going to do? What is there to do? That's when I realise. I could go explore Peeta's art room. I follow my thoughts and stand up to head to Peeta's art room.

I start to shiver as I get closer to the room since it does get colder down this end of the house.
I reach the door and open the slightly ajar door. I peer through before taking my whole body through.

I wrap my cardigan around my body tighter once I discover the open window in the corner. I sigh and decide to leave it open.

I start walking along side the walls of the room. Paintings and sketches are lined up against the wall. I admire Peeta's work. Mostly of me, some of our games and others that have nothing to do with us. I stop in my tracks when a painting caught my eye.

It was of me and my little duck. She had a beaming smile spread across her face and I was hugging her. It must have been when we were much younger. Oh how I miss Prim.

Before tears threatened to spill from my eyes, I turned away from the picture and walked towards his sketching table. Spread out are numbers of sketches of me. I lean down and examine one closer.

I love how he sketches in every eyelash on my eyes and the way it looks like he drew on every single strand of my hair. I smile. It must have taken him so long to get this right and done.
When he can, he spends nearly all of a day in here and works on one particular piece of artwork. That's what I love about Peeta, his devotedness and passion towards art.

I am very privileged to have him in my life.