Chapter 13

Peeta's POV:

I regret what happened at the lake yesterday afternoon. I feel so stupid for acting like a young boy but I know Katniss understands me. I had to kill someone in water during the Quarter Quell.

I told Katniss I would make up for it by teaching her something. Baking. I know she is not really good a cooking but you learn from mistakes. Right?

So today I'm going to teach her how to make a cake. It'll be fun. I hope. I start setting out ingredients on the kitchen countertop. Soon I stop searching for sugar when I feel arms snaking around my waist.

"Who is the beautiful person behind me?" I turn around to face who I know is Katniss and smile.

"You know I'm not beautiful Peeta." I press my fingers to her lips.

"No objections, you are a gorgeous woman. I am glad you said real." Katniss chuckles and I kiss her on the head.

"Well, what are you making now?" Katniss asks me changing the topic.

"A very special cake."

"How is it very special?"

"You're making it with me." I say with a smirk.

"Peeta, you know how bad I am a baking."

"Yes I do know, but don't worry. I will help you." Katniss sighs with defeat.

"I'll just go change." Katniss says before leaving the kitchen.

-----------------

"Okay, now go get a cup full of flour from the sack and place it in this bowl here." I instruct Katniss. So far the baking is going well.

"So I get a cup of flour and place it HERE!" Katniss pours the cup of flour on my head. I quickly close my eyes and let it run down my face. I forgot about this type of play attack. When it stops I open my eyes and look at Katniss. I wait a few seconds before responding.

"You know what I feel like now? A great big hug from someone in particular."

"No you don't." Katniss starts backing away from me but I keep following her.

"Oh but I do. Come here you!" I open up my arms and run towards her. Katniss screams and runs away. We run into the living room and we start laughing. I manage to trap Katniss in a corner.

"Oh no." She replies worriedly.

"Oh yes." I reply before engulfing her in a big hug.

"Peeta!" She squeals. I pick her up and take her back into the kitchen. I get get a hand full of flour and paint it on her face.

"Peeta!" Katniss says before I place her on the ground and she does it to me. I open my eyes and press my lips against hers.

Katniss starts to get aggressive and she drives me to sit down on the kitchen chair. I have to hold on to the table to make sure I don't fall back. Soon I kiss her back with my eyes closed and she sits on my lap.

"Someone is aggressive today." I say with a laugh when our lips break apart and I decide to open up my eyes.

"Well we did have a fight with flour." Katniss replies with a smile. "I am glad too, that I said real." she murmurs into my ear before hugging me.