Chapter 40

Peeta's POV:

"Wow." I say after I had said my dream to Katniss. "That is rare. I hope -"

"No Peeta. It wouldn't be." Katniss retorts and sighs. "I don't know." She adds shaking her head.

"I'm going to have a walk to clear this out downstairs. Want to join me?" I ask and Katniss nods. I get myself out of bed and walk to Katniss' side. I grab her hands and gently pull her out of bed. I wrap my left arm around her and she side hugs me. Katniss leans her head on my shoulder before we make our way downstairs.

I stop once we get to the top of the stairs. With her right arm still around me and my left around her, Katniss slowly grabs the railing. Once her grip is secure, we walk down one step at a time.
We walk around the bottom floor of our house for 15 minutes and then we take a break.

Not letting go of Katniss, I hold her hands and sit down on the sofa. Once she decides I'm comfortable, she tiredly sits own on my lap and hugs me. We give each other a passionate kiss before we snuggle closer.

I bury my head into her free flowing hair. I don't know what it is about her hair but I love it. I find it comforting. The comfort is broken when Katniss starts sobbing. "Hey, hey what's wrong Kat?" I ask, curiously in a calming way.

"I'm not ready for kids." she answers before bursting into tears.

"Oh Kat. It's okay. We can wait, I don't mind." I confess.

"But, you want kids and I don't. I'm not making you happy." I grab Katniss' chin and carefully force her to look at me. I stroke one of her cheeks.

"Katniss. Marrying you makes me extremely happy. My dream will be complete. Having a family with you would be an extra bonus. It can be just us two till we die. I don't mind at all. Children is just an add on. It's not compulsory." I state. "I will love you forever. You will always be the top of the list. Always." I give her a smile which I hope is convincing to her.

I wipe away her tears and she starts to stop her crying. I move my hand from her cheek and onto her back. I glance at the clock. 6:30 .

"There's no point going back up. We will just hang here for a while." Katniss nods and places her head by the crook of my neck. "You will always make my happy."