Chapter 25

Katniss POV:

I am crying uncontrollably. It hurts so much. I open my eyes and look at my arms. Red dents from Peeta's fingers and marking my arms.

I turn away from my arms and look at Peeta. He's crying on the floor beside the bed. With a stretch and a tiny bit of pain, I touch his shoulder.

"Peeta?" Peeta's crying stops and he looks up at me. "I forgive you."

Peeta smiles. "I'm terribly sorry Katniss. I hurt you badly." I shush Peeta and then gesture him to stand up.

He leans closer to me and I peck his nose. "We got through it together. Didn't we?" Peeta nodded.

"I guess so." I take hold of his left hand but that's when nurses and guards come into the room.

"Get him out." One of the guards command.

"What?!" 2 guards grab hold of Peeta's arms.

"No! Let him stay!!" Peeta tries to tug free but their grip is tight. Soon, Peeta and the guards are nearly out of the room. I start crying. "Let him go!"

"No, we can't. He hurt a patient." I know I am the patient.

"I am perfectly fine beside my arms." Peeta pleadingly looks into my eyes. "I demand as your mockingjay to let him stay with me." As soon as I finish my sentence, the guards release their grip from Peeta.

I stop crying and wait for Peeta. Peeta stars walking then runs to me. I reach out my hands and cup his cheeks before kissing him. I look at the guards. "Next time you do this, I'll report you to the Capitol. You understand?" The guards bow their heads without a word and exit.

I turn my head towards the nurses. "A wrap bandage on each arm will do." They nod and start bandaging up my right arm.

I kiss Peeta again. "If you had gone I would have overreacted." I say with a chuckle.

"I am right next to you though aren't I?" Peeta replies and I smile.

"Excuse me." One of the nurses say and Peeta moves aside so the nurse can wrap my left arm. As I wait, Peeta gazes at me, not taking his eye off of me.

"There we go." The nurse says as she finishes.

"Thank you miss."

"No problem, just be careful." She suggests to me before exiting the room with the other nurses.

Peeta sits on the side of the bed and grasps my hand. "Some one doesn't want to leave me." I say with a smirk.

"Of course not. I love you too much."

"You'll never love me too much." I reply with a smile.