Chapter 11

Peeta's POV:

I take Katniss' hand and lead her into the house. I hope it's okay. I'm ready to do this. I walk towards my art room with Katniss in tow.

"Where are you taking me?" Katniss asks me.

"Somewhere, where something lies behind the door." Katniss sighs of defeat and continues to follow. I soon reach the door to my art room and open the closed door. Once, Katniss is in I let go of her hand and walk over to a covered painting.

"So you want to show me a recent painting?" I nod in reply and place a smile on my face before walking over to Katniss.

"Ready for the reveal?" Katniss nods and I slowly lift up the sheet of material covering it. I place the sheet on the closest thing I could find.

I recently painted Katniss in the meadow next to the weeping willow tree that stands in the corner of the meadow. I look at Katniss and see her mouth is dropped open. Does she like it? Is it bringing back the wrong memories?

"Katniss? What do you think?" Katniss raises her hand to her mouth.

"It's wonderful Peeta." I place the canvas down and I extend my arms to hug Katniss. Katniss walks into my embrace and I wrap my arms around her. I bury my head into the crook of her neck and we slowly sway side to side. I lift my head from the crook of her neck and grab hold of her arms.

Katniss looks at me confused and I start quietly laughing. I start moving to one side and she follows along with me. She soon realises that I am trying to dance with her. We both start laughing. I stop and let her twirl before we continue moving around the room.

"Having fun?" I ask.

"Well I am in here." Katniss replies.

It must have been a long time we were dancing since the first traces of sunset were showing. I don't know how many times we must have gone around the room. I twirl Katniss one last time and I then wrap her in my embrace.

We smile at each other and then I kiss her from behind on the lips. Katniss turns around and cups my face in her hands while continue to kissing me.

"Let's go out and watch the sunset." I suggest when our lips are apart. Katniss looks towards the window, surprised its this late. She turns back to me and nods. I wrap my arm around her back and we walk outside to watch the sun lowers itself for the day. Now pinks, oranges, reds and yellows streak the sky.

"Thank you Peeta." Katniss thanks me and I turn to look at her. "For a memorable day."

"No problem. I enjoyed making it memorable." I peck Katniss on the lips before turning back to watch the changing sky.