Chapter 47

Katniss' POV:

I can't believe it! My big day is now 1 week away. 

All the guests from other districts and the Capitol are filling up the rooms in the spare village houses. They have been unoccupied for so long, probably dusty from never being lived in. I turn my head, nearly being blinded by the suns morning floodlights, and see my husband to be sleeping soundly.

His hair all messed up and the tips of sticking out hairs illuminated from the sunlight. I smile, happy with my view Infront of me.

I entwine my hands with his and Peeta starts to stir. It takes him a while as he stretches, pulling a face, and returns to his position before he lets me see the blue orbs for the first time today. He smiles when he notices me. "Hey." He simply greets me.

"Hey." I reply back, repeating him and kiss him. It doesn't last long as we pull away and gaze at each other.

"I love it when you're asleep. You look so calm and happy."

"That must be me when no nightmares are occurring." Peeta adds and I nod my head.

"Yeah." I sadly smile and the decide to sit up. Peeta follows my lead but has no reason too. I look at Peeta confused when I see a smirk on his face.

He grabs my arm and pulls me back down. Gradually my head falls back on the pillow where my head rests all night.

"Peeta?" Is all I can say before he leans over me and attaches his lips to mine. He separates our lips but even before I can take a breath they are on again.

I snake my hands around his neck and connect them and start getting our lips to move in sync. I pull Peeta down. He falls over me and land right beside me on my side of the bed. He places his hands on my waist and I force a break.

"Someone was eager." I giggle and Peeta slightly blushes.

"You are mine though. Aren't you?" Peeta asks.

"Not just yet. Wait a week." I reply before standing on the wooden floor. I walk up to the curtains and pull them open. I turn my head to Peeta and see a pout on his face.

"Oh Peeta. What's wrong?" I ask and Peeta pats the spare bed beside him with a hopeful smile. I know what he wants. "You'll have to get me first." At that comment Peeta stands up and I run out of the room. Peeta close behind.

Soon the question Peeta asked turns into a game of chase.