Chapter 42

Peeta's POV:

"I can see it." I exclaim with my hand giving 1 big sway above where Katniss and I sit a month later. "Us. In the meadow. One spring day with a slight breeze." I describe to Katniss before looking at her.

Her scarf securely around her neck. Winter is starting to kick in and the temperates keep dropping and dropping.

"That sounds wonderful Peeta. Especially with the very few guests we are inviting." Katniss replies with a smile.

She then looks towards the window behind me and buries her chin in her scarf. I wrap an arm around her and rub it in a fast motion, trying to make her warm.

"Peeta." Katniss playfully whines and chuckles.

"What? I don't want my bride to be sick on our wedding day two months away."

"But, I don't want you sick either." Katniss retorts.

"I'm perfectly warm. You look a little cold." I say, stopping my rubbing. I kiss Katniss on the top of her head and she snuggles closer to me.

"I'm surprised. We haven't used the projector for months." Katniss comments.

"Well we have been busy keeping each other busy." I answer. Katniss nods and looks at her entwined hands.

"What are we going to do then? After the wedding?"

"I dunno. We'll figure it out when the time comes." I reply.

"Okay." Katniss says simply and it becomes my turn to look to the window. Outside you can tell there is a cold wind blowing and a light amount of snow covers the surface of the ground.

"Looks like we'll be in here for a while." I admit and Katniss pouts.

"I was looking forward to hitting you with snow." Katniss replies and I look back at her.

"We can...." I say with a smirk.

"Peeta, I'm warm right here." Katniss complains. I stand up from the couch and try to grab Katniss' hands. She tries to fight me off so I end up scooping her body into my arms.

"Peeta." Katniss cries as I turn around and head outside. I place ourselves into the cold world beyond our door.

"Peetaaa." Katniss starts to sob as I set her down on the ground.

"Katniss?" I say a little concerned. That's when Katniss smirks and pushes me to the ground. Dang it. I always fall for it.

My coat starts to soak from the snow underneath me and I try to sit up. Katniss notices and immediately sits down on me so I can't move.

"A little bit of force when you sat on me I noticed." I say, trying to start a conversation.

Katniss shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "This is what happens when you make me do something I don't want to do. It was perfectly warm inside."

I grab some snow from the ground beside me and I throw it at her. She jumps.

I stand up quickly and bulldoze her over. "Peeta." She screams at me. "Let go of me."

"No." I reply and feel a wet substance running down my shirt.

I look down and see Katniss biting her lip and stuffing snow down my shirt. "Katniss!!!"

Katniss chuckles. "Now get off me." She seriously demands, all of the fun wiped away. I get off at her request and she stands up, brushing snow off her clothing.

She looks at me with a stern face and walks inside the house. That makes me register that I should run off after her.