💉 2 💉 Two Of A Kind

"Mavis!...Mavis!" The curly haired boy shouted as soon as he stepped foot inside his home. Eyes darting around the house in search of his sister whose skate board and leather jacket were resting in their usual places. But the faint sound of music playing in the distance gave off the hint that somebody was home. Closely, he listened to the sound of David Bowie's 'the man who sold the world' and sighed to himself as he drew closer to the room where the music was coming from. Glaring at the closed paint splattered door, he rolled his eyes and shook his head in annoyance.

"She must be painting again." He thought to himself as he ran into his room dirty clothes and comic books littered the floor as he searched around for any loose change he could salvage in the clutter. Rummaging through his dresser drawers and old jean pockets he came up with nothing, not even a nickel.

"Son of a bitch." He groaned as he knelt down and took a look under his bed but ended up finding nothing but candy wrappers and old socks. Gritting his teeth in frustration at the loss of his goal he began to give in to his defeat, until he came up with a brilliant idea. Shooting up from off the ground with a wide smile he knew exactly who had enough spare change to last her a life time. Running out of his room he viciously began banging on his siblings bedroom door almost like a madman trying to break down the door in order to get to his prey who hid on the other side.

"MAAAAAAAAAVIS! MAAAAAAAAAAAAVIS!" He shouted over and over again until the music stopped. Along with the silence came the sound of the lock clicking, slowly the door opened and out popped a head full of curly hair and big brown eyes. Another lit cigarette dangled between her pink lips as she glared evilly at her brother, eyebrow raised in question as she went to ask for his reason for being so obnoxious.

"Yes, Dustin?" Her voice eerily calm as she prepared herself to listen to her brothers rant. It was weird to see her in such a calm state, when ever she was painting she hated to be bothered. Everything outside of her bedroom was nonexistent to her. Her sole attention was put onto what she was working on and nothing else, she could sit there for hours on end painting and drawing, nothing could take her away from her work when she got into the 'zone'. But for someone to suddenly interrupt her like her brother did, it was surely a death sentence.

But today she seemed rather easy going.

"Do you have any quarters? because I think I used all mine the last time I went to the arcade? And can you also take me? please! I-I'll pay y-" Putting a hand up to his pudgy face she nodded her head in acceptance. Dustin knew that his sister was willing to do what ever he asked, she loved her little brother to no end and would do just about anything to see him smile. However, there were days where she would love to give him to some other family and let him be there problem...

"Sh, shh, shhh," She whispered as she pressed a finger to his lips. The frowning at the contact he smacked his sisters hand away from his face before sighing and walking back to the living room arms crossed over his chest as he patiently waited for her to get ready. 

Although he never showed his appreciation for his sister deep down he loved her to death. Even if they argued and fought like crazy the two had a special way of saying I love you. Whether it be a thank you, or a smack to the back of the head.

And todays small gesture of love was through the act of taking her sibling to the local arcade and giving him some of her quarters. Opening her sock draw she opened the jar, that contained a rather large amount of quarters, grabbed a handful of the change put it into a random sock she had lying on the floor and walked out to the living room where she tossed it to him and with glittering, exciting eyes thanked her by greedily shoving it in the pocket of his jacket. Grabbing her leather jacket from off the living room coat hanger as well as he car keys the two began to make their way out of the house.

Starting the engine of the Chevy Impala she flicked her cigarette butt out the partially rolled down window. Before backing out of the drive way and speeding down the road with sketchpads, paintbrushes and pencils carelessly sliding from side to side in the backseat. 

*~*~*~*

"I'll be back in an hour you better be there or else you're walking home!" The blonde glared as the red head quickly got out the car, not wanting to stay in it any longer with her hellish step-brother. He had been driving around town like a maniac on the way to the arcade, furious that he had to be his step-sisters chauffeur. His horrible driving and nasty behavior made her slide, side to side and hold on for dear life while praying to god that she wouldn't throw up.

"Yeah, yeah."She mumbled as she grabbed her bag from the backseat. Grabbing her wrist the blonde yanked her towards him, his upper lip curled into a snarl as he began to get fed up with her snarky attitude.

"Got something you wanna say to me huh?" He growled lowly. Quickly shaking her head the girl attempted to pull away but his grip only tightened causing her to wince.

"Speak up why don't cha?" He spoke lowly. 

Shaking her head again she bit her bottom lip and tried to refrain from letting out a cry of pain as tears pricked in the corner of her eyes. The sight of seeing his step-sister in pain made his grin grow as he believed that she deserved to feel every bit of pain that he was feeling, she was the reason why they were living in this shit hole of a town anyway.

Finally he had enough and let go, causing her to stumble back and nearly fall to the ground.

"REMEMBER AN HOUR!" Slamming the door shut she ran inside for safety.

However, just as he was about to pull off he noticed a black 1967 Chevy Impala roll up beside him, its humming engine and sleek color grabbing the mans attention quickly as he suddenly lost the need to kick his step-sisters ass. He instead sat and admired the car noticing how it was in mint condition with dark tinted windows and clean, waxy surface. But when he saw who was driving the car his heart stopped.

Out of the car came Mavis and Dustin, a chilly October breeze blew over them as they quickly hurried to the arcade entrance to relieve themselves from the cold.

"You don't have to walk me you know that right? I'm not a baby." Dustin said as he opened the arcade door his sister stopping a few feet away.

"I know but it's kinda my thing. I have to embarrass you kid." She smirked as she grabbed his hat and tousled his curly locks. Groaning in annoyance he swatted her hand away from his head and rolled his eyes before waving his sister off.

"Yeah, yeah, love you too." He muttered as he snatched his hat back while giving her a cold glare which only made her smirk deepen.

"Tell the gang I said 'sup'," She smiled as she watched her brother shake his head before walking into the arcade where his friends were waiting for him. Each one of them running to the arcade window just to smile and wave at her, to which she replied with a wink causing their cheeks to turn a light shade of pink.

His friends adored her. 

They always talked about her when ever they wanted to make Dustin mad. Saying things like 'your sister is pretty hot.' or 'hows your hot sister Mavis doing?' Of course she knew her little brothers friends had a crush on her but she treated them how she treated Dustin making them fall head over heels in love with her with even more.

"I'll be back in an hour!" She called after him. Turning around he gave his pesky sister a thumbs up in response before turning his attention back to his love struck friends who watched the woman walk away.

Smirking to herself she brushed her curly bangs away from her eyes and got into the impala. Never once did she notice the blue Camaro she had walked by for the second time that day.