💉 8 💉The Great Escape

Two days after the encounter with Billy:

"Oh! look at how adorable you look Dusty!" The Henderson's mother gushed as she took picture after picture of her son dressed in his ghost busters costume that his sister had spent weeks working on. Dustin adored it as soon as he saw the finished product laid out on his bed one day when he came home from school, he thanked her over and over again for being able to create something from scratch as well as finish it before the deadline. He showered her with hugs and offers to treat her to ice cream the next time they went to the mall, (Which she knew was bull shit since he was always hounding her and their mother for cash) but she just brushed it off with a, 'take care of it, cuz if not i'm not makin' ya a new one!'

Him and the gang had been waiting for this day ever since they had made the final arrangements for their little Halloween get together way back in September! needless to say he was excited to show off his homemade costume and couldn't wait to see his other classmates dress up as well. 

"You did a fantastic job Mavis! I'm so proud!" Miss. Henderson smiled as she took a picture of her daughter and son together. Forced smiles placed itself upon tired faces as they grabbed their school bags and began to scarf down their pop-tart's which had just popped out of the toaster. 

"Thanks mom, it took me a couple of tries to get this fat asses correct size, but I finally managed." She laughed as she took a bite of her toasted pastry before giving her brother a playful wink. Glaring at her coldly he bit his pop-tart viciously before throwing his back pack on to his shoulders which made the older laugh and nearly choke as she began to cough violently this of course made the child laugh amusingly as he watched tears spring in her slightly red eyes as she continued to try and hack up the piece that was stuck in her throat. Sighing their mother lightly patted her daughters back before running off to the kitchen to grab her a glass of water, all the while Dustin continued to laugh and mock his sister. Giving her the half full glass of water she chugged it graciously before grabbing her skate board and satchel from off the sofa. Her leather jacket already resting on her shoulders and her walkman sat in the back pocket of her acid washed jeans, the cassette she decided to play today was the doors L.A women something that put her in a good mood. 

After the events of Billy coming to her house and harassing her she played off the rest of the day as if nothing had happened. The hole in the wall was covered by one of her various art pieces which her mother would hopefully never take down and as for the bruises on her wrists she wore a long sleeved shirt which managed to do the trick. Her behavior went unquestioned by both her sibling and mother as they both figured nothing was wrong with their good ole Mavis.

She was a good actress. 

"Come on Stanz we need to g-get going." She said through a cough which Dustin agreed to before kissing his mom goodbye and walking out the house with his sister leading. As soon as she had stepped outside and the front door was shut the two looked down the driveway to see a blue Camaro sitting patiently for them- or well rather for her.

Feeling her heart in her throat Mavis quickly looked away from the vehicle in an attempt to ignore him and not let him see her true fear of this man especially in front of her little brother. 

"Isn't that Madmax?" Dustin asked as he saw his sister look at the car from the corner of her eye, the slightly tinted windows revealed the figures of a little girl sitting in the back seat with long red hair and a long haired male with aviator glasses sitting at the wheel. 

Eyes burning into hers as if daring her to ride on her skateboard.

Turning to her brother with a fake smile plastered on her face to show that the car had no special significance to her she tousled his curly hair before placing her headphones that were around her neck over her ears.