💉 14 💉 King Of The Gym

Sweat ran down his built body as he dribbled the ball left and right. Gym was always Billy's strong point, but not just his, Steves' as well. Both boys were in the same gym class playing a casual game of basketball, well, one would think it's a casual game of shirts against skins but to the two teenagers it was a competition, it was Harrington against Hargrove in the fight for the title of the king of Hawkins high. But so far the original was being beaten to a pulp. 

Literally. 

Throughout the game, Steve continued to fall to the ground in an effort to block the six- foot- four giant that was on the opposite team from making the final winning point for his team.

Sadly, no matter how hard he tried Billy was always there to put him right back down again. But Steve was not willing to accept his defeat and did everything in his power to defeat the giant at every angle. Backing up into his chest while dribbling the ball the blonde leaned down into Steve's ear, trying to give him some advice for future games.

"Plant your feet, draw a charge." He said lowly as he and Steve fought for the ball. Caught off guard by the weird advice he threw Billy a confused look but instantly regretted it. Letting out a grunt Billy knocked him to the ground. Quickly forgetting about his pain Steve regained his composure and chased after the blonde but was too late. 

Another point was scored for the skins.

"WOO!" Billy cheered along with the rest of his team. Shaking his head like a wild dog he let the losing team get sprayed in his sweat making the opposing team groan in frustration as they walked by to get back on their proper sides. 

Steve watched with disgust as he wiped the sweat off of his face with his grey Hawkins High t-shirt. In the back of his mind he was thinking of how Mavis could tolerate such a beast like him, constantly knocking people to the ground nearly spraining wrists and ankles two at a time. His mocking smirk's and remarks were just enough to enrage the people around him to their boiling points. All around the room people flashed looks of surrender knowing that they would have the opposing teams winnings rubbed in their faces for the third time that day in the past half-hour. 

It wasn't anger or jealousy that boiled in Steve's stomach but it was one of pure resentment. The passion to beat this man at his own game burned deep within him as he got in position to start the new game, ready to prove to Billy and the entire school that he still reigned as king.

But sadly the period was almost over and it was time for the teens to hit the showers, the sound of the coach's whistle blowing made the men sigh with relief as they were finally able to forget about the game and just hope for a better victory tomorrow. 

While in the midst of grabbing a drink from their water bottles that rested by the gym locker room, the doors of the gym echoed open along with three voices that were happily chatting about. Quickly the entire group looked over to see Mavis with her two other friends carrying a gigantic poster that she had designed in her spare time. Homecoming was next month much to everyone's excitement as girls were already picking out their ideal dresses, along with the boys who were frantically trying to put together romantic ways to ask their girlfriends to be their dates. It was just one big messy night filled with drinking and crappy motel rooms which Mavis did not want to be a part of.

Gesturing to the very top of the wooden bleachers with paint colored hands the two friends walked up the bleachers to the white brick walls of the room. Holding the poster up against the wall Mavis observed from the very bottom to see if it was centered properly. Putting her hands on her hips she took a couple steps back and eyed her hard work with delight before nodding in approval. Running up the bleachers she bit off four pieces of duck tape before tapping the four corners of the banner down and smiling in approval. Turning around her and her friends ran down the bleachers and proceeded to walk towards the gym doors.