💉43💉 Sibling Hug? Sibling Hug.

<< Mavis>>

 Dropping Steve off was practically like a knife to the heart.

I didn't want to let this fuzzy and warm feeling go, but as they say,

All good things must come to an end. 

But no matter how you sliced it and diced it...

 Steve will always and forever be considered my best friend.

 Even when we're separated from each other, or on different parts of the earth doing our own thing with other people we will always be in the back of one another's minds. It's not like he could even if he wanted too! He couldn't just simply forget me and I couldn't forget him, we  both left such a significant imprint on one another's minds that it would be almost impossible to forget the other!  

Speaking of forgetting...

That damn idiot was sure a bit too quiet back there.

Peaking at him through the rearview mirror I watched as his eyes wandered out the window with a heavy glare that was as cold as the weather.

"Talk to me." I sighed as my eyes went back to the road.

"No."I  rolled my eyes at his response, ever the blunt just like me. 

I pulled over and glanced at him from the mirror once again. 

"I'm not driving until you speak to me."I argued as I searched around for a cigarette in my glove compartment. 

Frustration, being the annoying bitch that it was began to creep its way into my voice and also my face as I could feel my cheeks and the back of my neck were start to heat with a boiling anger.

"I'll walk then-" He spoke as he went to open the door, but I quickly locked it.

"Speak."

"Why should I?" He snapped, his eyes still never meeting mine. 

"Because you're being more of a bitch than usual and I don't like it." I gritted as I nearly lost it at the fact I couldn't find any cigarettes rolling about in my mess of a car, my anger being taken out on my glove box as I slammed it shut. 

"Not my fault that I feel this way." I quirked an eyebrow at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"So you're saying that it's my fault?" I asked.

"Yes! that's exactly what i'm saying!"

"Well what the fuck did I do?" I snapped as I raised my arms in defense before throwing them down in my lap.

"Everything!" 

Turning around so that I was fully facing him I was able to see his true expression.

He wasn't just angry or pissy with me.

He was hurt. 

"THE FACT THAT YOU'RE GRADUATING! GOING TO COLLAGE FAR AWAY FROM HERE! FAR AWAY FROM ME! THE PARTY! JANE! EVERYONE! THE FACT THAT NO ONE IS GONNA SEE YOU IN FOREVER KILLS US! BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU MAV! WE WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU! BUT WE WANTED YOU CLOSE TO US SO THAT WE COULD STILL BE WITH YOU! I MEAN WHO ELSE IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT US FROM PEOPLE LIKE BILLY? GIVE US FREE RIDES TO SCHOOL AND THE ARCADE? " 

Oh. So I'm basically a taxi services to him? 

"You going to college is your way of saying good-bye to Hawkins and everyone in it...don't think I don't remember all those times you told me that you wanted to run away and never come back..."

Jesus, I was his age when I said that. 

He still remembers that?

"Look, I know we almost lost each other that night on the farm but now?...it's actually happening...I'm-I'm losing my sister." 

It suddenly became clear to me...

 Although it may not seem like it Dustin always cared about me.

Constantly trying to intervene in my life and poke and prod his way into my world was just him trying to figure out what was going on, hence why he was so keen on always being there with me. 

It may not seem like it but I cared for Dustin so much. No matter what the situation was I would always put my life before his, whether it was saving the world from monsters to defending him from middle school bullies I would always be there for him. 

Sighing I climbed in the backseat and wrapped my arms tightly around him. Resting my head atop of his curls I listened to him violently sob and shake in my arms as began to shush him like a baby. 

Holding him like this reminded me of when he comforted me after the painting massacre.

 I was a crying, hysterical, mess in that moment, never have I hit such a low point in my life especially when it came to a guy and my art work. I truly felt like I had nothing, like I had lost just about my life's work, my world was crashing down around me and all I could do was watch.

But when he comforted me? 

Watching the world around me burn to ash suddenly didn't make me feel all that terrible.  

It felt like, though, I couldn't fix my creations I still had someone there to help me pick up all the pieces and make it brand new again.

"you won't lose me kid, you could try but you can't. I'm like a nasty virus that infects and kills the body. I won't leave till you're dead or barely moving." I giggled at my morbid humor while he just hugged me tighter and tighter.

 He acted as if I was going to disappear right before him, his grip on me was just that tight. 

But I would stay put for as long as he needed me.

Because that's what siblings do.

"I-I'm gonna m-miss you."

"You know what? I'm gonna miss you too."

A/N-

I HATE HIGH SCHOOL! WHEN THEY TELL YOU JUNIOR YEAR IS THE HARDEST THEY AIN'T JOKING! BUT LETS GET IT WITH THIS UPDATE!!!~Natalia 💕