💉 26💉 It's Easy To Make Friends (2)

"Welcome to the Henderson home!" Mavis sighed as she hung her jacket up and threw her keys onto the kitchen table. Her new friend quickly crept inside and began to walk around cautiously and taking everything in with her wide brown eyes. 

The house had a warm feeling to it which made the frightened girl relax a bit more as she rested her feet on the soft carpeted floor of the living room. Letting her take a tour all by herself  the teen walked into the kitchen in search of a snack, but as she searched through the snack cabinet all she found was an opened bag of Doritos that had only the crumbs in it. Growling to herself she grabbed the bag and threw it in the trash can, before shutting the pantry doors in a fit of frustration. 

But as soon as her heated expression came it quickly went when she noticed a plate of chocolate chip cookies on the stove. Grinning madly at her chance for revenge she grabbed three and walked out of the kitchen to find Eleven looking at photographs of the Henderson family that rested on the mantle, eyes scanning over each individual person that was with in every frame. 

"Pretty."  She muttered as she traced her finger along the outline of Mavis's junior year school photo.

Hearing the teens giggle from behind her startled the poor child as she turned to see the girl from the photograph holding out the baked sweet she looked at it suspiciously, eyebrows furrowed together if she decided on wether she should accept it or not.

"My mom made them they're pretty good." Slowly she reached out and took the baked sweet from her hand before putting it to her mouth and taking a bite. Smiling at her stunned face Mavis nodded her head in agreement. 

"Taste good don't it?" She laughed as she took a bite of hers before handing her the other one she took, still finishing her first one she took the second one and chomped them down quickly, chocolate staining her face and hands. 

Finishing the last of her cookie Mavis rubbed her crumb covered hands up and down her pant legs before noticing the young girls ill fitting clothes. Frowning slightly she gestured for El to follow her down the hallway, trailing behind her she watched as the teen opened her bedroom door to reveal the painters studio and living quarters. 

"Let's get you out of those old things. I might have somethings that may fit you, judging by how thin you are I'm guessing a small. But knowing myself I can't fit in smalls the only thing I have is a large and or anything way too oversized for me personally but I'll try." She said as she threw open her closet door and began to search high and low for something that Eleven could wear that could possibly fit. But as she rummaged through the disaster of a closet she noticed that finding anything even remotely close to her size let alone clean, was starting to become impossible. 

But as she searched through pile after pile, and shelf after shelf the curious girl decided to take a look around the spacious room.

First taking notice of the polaroids that were taped by her desk, most of them friends others of nature and some that her friends took of her laughing and flipping the camera off with her tongue sticking out. Soon the various painting that hung on her walls caught her attention, thin fingers traced over the half finish sketches that strewn about on the walls, paint splatters of various colors that splashed themselves across the white walls reminded her of rain drops splashing on to a glass surface and the substance spreading in different directions. Her room was nothing Eleven had ever seen before and out of all the things she's seen so far this topped the list.

 When Mavis noticed how quiet she was she looked over her shoulder and found her holding a polaroid of the boys she had taken at the big forth of July barbecue the Wheelers hosted every year. All four of the boys had sparklers in their hands as the setting sun faded behind them giving their  outlines a beautiful golden hue. 

"Friends." Eleven whispered. 

Giving her a sad smile Mavis handed her a shirt and a pair of leggings that were a couple sizes too small. Taking them El gave her a thankful smile and nod in return.

"Yep. Friends, also known as people you tolerate." She said with a light laugh, the weird comment making the girls face twist in confusion. 

"Tolerate?"

"Umm...like? people you like basically." The older said as she furrowed her brows in thought, not really knowing how to explain the word.

"Mavis...tolerates me?"She questioned as she pointed a finger at her then at herself. Nodding the woman giggled slightly before crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hell yeah." Smiling at her phrase she giggled and responded back with an equally happy,

"Hell yeah."

"Alright then kiddo, take your time getting ready I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." She said as she gave her one last smile before closing the bedroom door leaving the girl to change. 

Walking back into the kitchen Mavis took the plate of cookies off the stove and began to eat the last of the cookies but not before leaving two more for El. Of course this was her revenge over her brother eating the last of the cool ranch doritos and having the audacity to put the bag back when it was EMPTY.

 No doritios for her? alright. No cookies for you.

The thought of her brothers pissed off reaction made her laugh, and nearly choke on her cookie. But through the midst of her coughing fit she heard her bedroom door creek open, the sound grasping Mavis's attention and quickly calm down her hacking to a light cough. Leaving the plate on the coffee table she walked towards her bedroom to find the small girl continue on her little exploration of Mavis's bedroom, complete attention on her art, especially the painting she had done of the woods a year ago.

 Tall evergreen trees nearly touched the grey sky, their tips covered in white along with the forest floor, the void within the trees dark and entrancing. She had painted the view from the side of the road one day as she was coming back from school, poor Dustin was forced to stay in the car and wait until she finished.

"You like it? I painted that last winter." Looking over her shoulder, El smiled and nodded.

"Pretty."Returning the compliment with a kind smile, the teen took note of the dull light that streamed through her bedroom window which hit Eleven perfectly. The angle and lighting giving her inspiration to do a quick sketch of her in her natural state. Slowly, as to not startle the girl, she pulled out her art supplies and placed her desk chair right beside Eleven.

"Do you mind if I sketch you?" She asked with a small smile. Looking at her weirdly she slowly got up to move but Mavis stopped her.

"Don't worry all you need to do is just sit still thats all, just keep looking at the painting." Nodding the girl continued to stare at the masterpiece intently while the teen sat just a few feet away, trying to capture the girl who seemed to be intrigued by almost everything that surrounded her.

"Friends?" Eleven suddenly spoke. The voice making Mavis stop and look up at her with soft brown eyes. Eleven, feeling comforted and safe by the smile that grazed her lips and eyes that seemed so soothing. 

Out of all things that had happened to Eleven she had never felt something so comforting and warm. She was thankful for escaping the life she had, the people she had met, the things she had tasted and seen, but was even more thankful for the friends she had made along the way especially Mavis who had become the sister she never knew she wanted. 

"Friends."

A/n:
Hey look another shitty chapter written by yours truly! ~Natalia💕