Chapter 17

Luna

I got a call from Matt asking me to meet him and Foggy at the office with clothes for a Karen. Apparently, they had got her out of jail after she was attacked. The only problem was I had no idea what she looked like so I ended up walking into the office with a huge duffle bag filled with almost my entire wardrobe. I ended up getting to the office before they did so I sat down at the desk and waited for the rest of the gang to show.

I did not have to wait long, about fifteen minutes later the three of them walked through the door. Even though she looked tired and had bruises on her neck she was in fact gorgeous. With her pale skin, big blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. She was a show stopper.

"Foggy was right you are gorgeous." I told her causing her to look at me confused.

She then looked at Foggy who just stood there and shrugged me off. AS she was looking away from me I gave him a look letting him know I approved.

"Who are you?" She asked as she looked back to me.

"I'm Luna. I brought you clothes." I said as I handed her the bag.

"Thanks." She said as she took the bag from me and walked into the bathroom to change.

A few minutes later she walked back out into the main room. Foggy walked up to her and handed her a cup.

"I couldn't find milk. I hope it's okay." He said to her.

"We have tea now?" Matt asked obviously not realizing I had got us some.

"I stole it from the financial office next door," I told him.

Karen looked at me and then took a sip. Matt gave her a minute and then sat down in front of her.

"How are you holding up?" He asked her.

"Better. Thanks for getting me out." She told him.

"Don't thank us yet," Foggy told her totally bringing down the mood.

"Just because they released you doesn't mean they won't eventually bring charges." He finished making her worry all over again.

"Way to be a buzz kill," I told him.

"Which means it's crucial you don't speak to anyone other than the two of us about what happened," Matt told her making me feel left out.

I mean I know I'm not a lawyer but I brought her clothes.

"Hey," I said to him as I held up my hands even though he could not see me.

"The three of us. We can trust Luna." Foggy told Karen making me feel a little better.

"I don't have anyone to talk to, anyway," Karen answered then took another sip of her tea.

It made me feel a little sad that she did not have any friends to talk to.

"Do you have somewhere you can stay tonight?" Matt asked her obviously not wanting her to go back to her place.

"My apartments not far." She answered.

"You can't seriously want to go back there," I said to her the first thing that popped into my mind.

"She's right you can't go back there," Foggy said as he agreed with me.

"Miss. Page, our immediate priority is to keep you safe. And in order to do that, we're gonna need to have a frank discussion." Matt told her.

"Okay," Karen replied.