Chapter 33

Vladimir

I walked into the garage with Anatoly to see Sergei and all the others beat up and lying around.

"Sergei," I said as I helped him up off the floor

"Who did this to you?" I asked him as I looked around at the mess they had made.

"The man in black...and a girl with a whip." He answered.

I could not help but clear my throat as I took in what he had just told me. He got his ass handed to him by a man in a cheap mask and a girl.

Anatoly's phone rang a few seconds later and I stopped myself from yelling at Sergei so he could answer. He was only on the phone for a few moments.

"All right stay there." He told whoever he was talking to.

"That was Piotr, Fisk has come out of hiding. We need his help, brother." He said to me as he pushed his phone back into his pocket.

"I will not, bow before that man!" I yelled at him, I truly hated Fisk and everything he was trying to do to us and this city.

"Then I will go...And bow for both of us." He told me, he was always able to swallow his pride and get things done.

He was a much better man than I ever could be. All I was good for was killing, and destruction. This life is all I will ever have but him, he wants to have more. A life, and a family, something more.

"Go. Make the deal." I told him.

He smiled then quickly turned and walked out of the building.

                                                                  Luna

"Where are you heading to in such a rush?" I asked as I leaned with one foot propped up against the cold stone exterior of the building.

I watched as he froze in place. His back still to me, his shoulders tensed then relaxed before he turned around to look at me. A large smile spread across his chiseled face the second his eyes made contact with mine.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is the Luna I see?" He asked as he walked over and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Well, at least one of you is happy to see me," I said once he released me.

He looked me over as if he was trying to decide something.

"Vlad told me that you stopped by. That you were asking questions about our employer. Is that why you're here? To try and get those answers out of me?" He asked as he took a step back and crossed his arms as if he was mad at me.

The only problem was I knew him too well, and I knew he could never be mad at me. We were close once the two of us. Great friends. I had known him before his brother. He was the one who introduced us.

"No," I answered.

"No, you have given up trying to find the man who tried to kill your friend? Now that does not sound like the Luna I know." He said to me.

"I'm still looking for him. I'm just no longer looking for his name, I'm looking for Fisk, and I have a feeling you know where I can find him." I said the shock on his face was more than obvious.

He grabbed me by the arm and dragged me into the ally way. He looked around to make sure no one was following or watching.

"How do you know that name?" He practically hissed at me.

"I have a friend who heard it from a man who impaled himself," I answered.

He looked around then back to me.

"You need to be careful of who hears you speak that name, where not allowed." He told me.

"Not allowed you and your brother run the fucking Russian Mob. What does he have on you that has you both so scared?" I asked him.

"You need to stop asking questions." He answered me.

"No, you need to help me, tell me where he is." I snapped back.

"Help you? How about this you tell me where I can find the man in black and I will tell you where you can find Fisk." He angerly whispered to me.

I was shocked by his words so much that my mouth fell open and for about five seconds I could not speak.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I finally got up the nerve to say.

"Whos lying now?" He asked. "We were attacked, again last night by the man in black. Only difference was this time he had help. Help from a girl with a whip." He said to me.

"So, whats your point?" I asked him as I tried to think of some lie, something to say to him to get out of this mess.

"You were always really handy with a whip." He responded as he took a step closer to me.

"Why would I attack you?" I asked him as I stood my ground.

"I don't know you tell me.: He said.

"Look none of that matters, all I want is the head of the guy who tried to kill my friend," I told him.

"And I want the head of your friend who has brought hell down on us. The one your helping!" He yelled at me.

"Keep your voice down." I snapped back at him.

"Why you worried Vlad might here?" He snapped at me causing me to look around as I realized how worried I was that he would hear.

The look on his face when he realized I betrayed him was not something I think I would be able to handle.

"Calm down I won't tell him if you tell me who he is." He said to me.

"I cant do that," I answered.

"Why are you protecting him?" He asked me.

"Because he is a friend just as you are. I tried to stay out of it but the three of you keep dragging me in. First, your Boss tries to kill Karen. Second, you beat my friend to a bloody pulp because he's trying to save a little boy. Third, you kidnaped and beat my friend Claire with a bat! I'm sorry if I could not stand by and do nothing." I answered him.

"Your friend is the reason this is all happening. If he could just mind his own business Fisk would not be so pissed." He responded.

"Are you seriously trying to make the man who set a bunch of women free the bad guy. You Anatoly, you and your brother are the bad guys!" I snapped at him.

"You didn't seem to care about us being bad guys when you were fucking us." He said as he softly pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"It wasn't like that and you know it," I said as I slapped his hand away.

"It was exactly like that. You were screwing me. Met my brother, then dumped me for him. Then you did the same thing to him. But don't worry I never told him about that either." He said to me.

"Look all you need to do is tell me where to find Fisk and I will take him out and both of our problems will disappear. No one will be trying to kill my friends and there will be no one left to harass you." I told him.

"Sounds like something a bad guy would say." He answered before turning and walking away from me.