Chapter 74

Luna

"I don't give a damn what you have your boss says. This paper right here says that I have the legal right to take his body and bring it back to Russia if that is what I choose. So if you don't want to let me in the morgue go get your boss!" I yelled at the cop who was standing in my way outside of the city morgue that was in the basement of the station.

I had been at this for about a half an hour now. They were refusing to release his body to me, and I was at the point where I was about to lose it inside the station.

"Of course it would be you causing us trouble?" Brett said as he walked around the corner.

I rolled my eyes at the fact that they sent him for back up.

"I don't have time for your shit today. I have every right to take his body and no one can tell me otherwise." I told Brett.

"Even after everything that happened two nights ago, you hear for him!" He snapped at me.

"What happened two nights ago was Vlad was murdered, and I want his body released to me." I snapped back at me.

"Did you forget the part where the city was blown to shit?" He asked me.

I was about to say something back when the tv on the far wall caught my attention. Fisk was on TV. He was holding some sort of press conference. I walked forward ignoring whatever Brett was going to say to me next.

"Turn that up," I told the cop who was sitting behind the desk.

He did not even look up from his paperwork.

"Please!" I snapped at him, and this time he looked up before turning up the volume then going back to what he was doing.

"I'm not very good at this, out, being in public. However, I felt the need, to speak up for this city. That I love with all my heart. No one should have to live in fear." He spoke causing the crowd that had gathered to cheer and claps him on.

"In fear of madmen, and woman who have no regard for who they injure. In fear of The Devil of Hells Kitchen, and his Reaper. Who has inflicted untold pain and suffering? This masked terrorist and psychopaths of there kind, we must show them, we will not bow down to their campaign of coercion and intimidation. We must stand up to them. As this man, my dearest friend, Leland Owlsley, a pillar in the financial community, who stood up when he was recently assaulted. But this assault was for no other reason than to send me a message. A message warning me to stop. To give up my dream that I have for this city. A dream of a better place. A place for its citizens to feel safe. To feel pride. I tried to do this quietly, not wanting to draw attention. The last thing I wanted was for anyone close to me to become a target from those who do not share my dream. For those who will have this city stay exactly as it is, mired in poverty and crime. But I know now it was foolish to make that decision. I can no longer do it alone." He said before turning to look at his brunette bitch who stood behind him.

"That I cannot keep living in the shadows, afraid of the light. None of us can. None of us should be forced to. We must do this together. We must resist those who would have us live in fear. My name...is Wilson Fisk. And together we can make this city a better place." He said ending his space causing the crowd to chere out in excitement.

It made me sick. He had everyone fooled. Everyone believed that he was the good guy, that he really wanted to help. He had some balls to come on tv and pretend like he is some saint sent to save the city after what he did.

"Luna are you okay?" Brett asked as I continued to stare at the tv even after Fisk walked off camera and the press conference ended.

"No, I'm leaving now, but no one is to move his body. I will be back for him when you guys decide he can be released to me." I snapped back at him before turning and leaving the station.

I knew Matt was mad at me but I no longer cared he needed to suck it up, and Fisk needs to be dealt with now.