Chapter 58

Luna's POV

"We have to get out of here now!" I yelled at Matt as I tried not to worry about all three of us dying.  

"No. Not until he gives me what I need on Fisk." Matt snapped back at me.

"We need to forget about this and leave or were going to jail." I reminded him.

"Are you worried about us going to jail or your boyfriend dying?" He snapped again before looking out the window at what was happening outside.

"A little of both," I answered as I looked down at Vlad who was defiantly going to die if we don't get out of here soon.

I knew he could hear me but he did not answer. Instead, he jumped down from the window and looked down to the floor.

"What are you doing?" Vlad asked him.

"Finding a way out," Matt answered as he started to move around the rubble to reveal a trap door.

He instantly tried to pull it open but was unable to move it even a centimeter.

"I want to speak to the man in the mask, please." A voice came over the cops radio that apparently fell down with them.

I looked over at the radio as Matt tried to pull on the trap door again.

"Hello, are you there?" The voice said again. "Can you hear me?"

"Who is this?" Matt said as he picked up the radio.

"I think you know. You've been asking about me. I thought it was time we spoke." Fisk answered in a smug tone that let us know exactly who was in control of this situation.

"Say your name," Matt ordered.

"You first." He responded and of course, Matt said nothing.

"That's what I thought. You and I have a lot in common." Fisk told Matt.

"We're nothing alike." Matt snarled back at him.

"That's what you tell yourself," Fisk replied.

"Your feeding off this city...like cancer," Matt told him.

"I want to save this city, like you... only on a scale that matters." Fisk answered him.

"Now tell that to the people you've hurt," Matt replied.

"Young man... life is not a fairy tale. Not everyone deserves...a happy ending." Fisk answered.

"I'm gonna find you, and I'm gonna make you pay for what you've done," Matt told him confidently as if we were not trapped in here.

"No, your not. Not that I don't admit what you're trying to do...to change the world with nothing but desire and your own two hands, seem in the knowledge that you doing the right thing. I do understand but we both cant have what we want." Fisk told him. "So you're part of this drama, by necessity, comes to an end."

"Its gonna take a lot more than a voice on a radio to stop me," Matt told him.

"It's not me you need to worry about. It's the city that you just blew the hell out of." Fisk told us.

Matt pressed the button to speak but before he could I yelled.

"What the hell did you just say?" I yelled across the room so he could hear me.

"You think anyone gonna believes I did that?" Matt asked him.

"You're running around in a mask, holding up with a known felon in the wake of a series of bombings. There's that police officer your holding hostage, so... now we also have confirmation that you're in there with your friend. The little girl in the skull mask and good with a whip. I can leak that to the press, do you really want to take her down with you." Fisk said to him as he tried to threaten me,

I walked over and grabbed the radio from Matt.

"Hey asshole, if you think you can intimidate me your barking up the wrong tree," I told him.

"Yes, actually I do. But it doesn't have to be that way. The Russian..., he alive?" He asked and we both looked over to Vlad who was barely able to stay awake.

I held the button to the radio and held it up to his mouth.

"I'm still here, you fat shit!" Vlad yelled at him.

I could not help but smile at his response, even on the verge of death he had to be a little shit about everything.

"Does that answer your question?" Matt told him as he grabbed the radio from me.

"It's a one time offer. You kill the Russian, and we'll call the night a push. You know what he's done." Fisk told Matt.

Vlad reached for a weapon, a pipe that was lying next to him.

"What he did to woman...to children. To the people of this city that you claim to care about. But do you know how much he enjoyed it?" Fisk asked Matt and I could not help but look over to Vlad knowing it was true.

"You just confirmed how important he is. That must worry you, what he might tell us." Matt responded.

"Which means he hasn't told you anything yet," Fisk responded.

"Seriously, watch what you say to him." I snapped at Matt.

He respo9nded by kicking the rubble around him.

"You're a child playing at being a hero," Fisk told us.

"No, no. I'm not trying to be a hero. I'm just a guy that got fed up with men like you and decided to do something about it." Matt responded.

"And your girl?" Fisk asked him as if I could not speak for myself.

"I just like hitting people," I told him because truthfully I don't care what happens to the city.

I am only willing to fight for the people I care about. Unfortunately, two of them were in this room with me.

"That's what makes you dangerous. It's not the mask. It's not the skulls, it's our ideology and her temper. A lethal combination. Someone who thinks he can make a difference. I'm glad we could talk." Fisk continued to say as Vlad forced himself to sit up.

"I...I respect your conviction... even if it runs counter with...with my own." Fisk said as if this was a normal conversation.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself you've won. It will make what I'm gonna do to you so much more satisfying." Matt told him.

"Your part ends tonight," Fisk responded.

"And if that's true, others will follow, take my place. They'll see what I was trying to do and they'll make sure..." Matt tried to say but Fisk cut him off.

"No, they won't. The city will burn an effigy. Your name, your very existence...will be met with abhorrence and disgust." Fisk told him.

A few seconds later gunshots were fired off outside.

"Whats happening?" I asked Matt.

"Blake was shot." He answered.

"What did you do?" Matt asked Fisk.

"What you forced me to do." He answered. "Goodbye. I'm afraid we won't speak again."

"Fisk...Fisk!" Matt yelled but there was no answer.

"Well we're screwed," I told the two of them.

Matt yelled for a few more seconds before throwing the radio against the wall breaking it.

"Feel better now?" I asked him.

"Shut up." He snapped at me.