Chapter 91

Luna

Two days later, Karen, Matt and I were at the cemetery attending Ben's funeral. He was strangled two nights ago in his home. It was apparent this was Fisk. Whether or not he did it himself or sent someone else to do it. We knew it was him. I looked over to see his wife, who was sitting near in her wheelchair. She did not even seem to understand what was going on. She just sat there, staring in the distance without no emotion. Karen was crying; she was very upset about the entire situation. She clearly blamed herself.

"Give me a minute, okay?" She said to us, then walked over to Mrs. Urich.

"Mrs. Urich. Um... I'm Karen. Karen Page. I don't know if Ben ever." She started saying, but Mrs. Urich cut her off.

"Karen, yes. He talked about you all the time." She told her.

"He did?" Karen asked with a slight smile on her face.

"He thought you were something else. The way you wouldn't let go until you got to the truth. He admired that. We never got around to having kids, too busy with this or that, but...if we had, I think he would have wanted one like you." She told Karen.

"Mr. Urich I...think. It's my fault...what happened to Ben. I pushed him unto a story that he didn't want." She started to say, but again Mrs. Urich cut her off.

"Ben Urich never got pushed into doing anything he didn't want to do. He was a reporter. That's what he lived for. And he passed doing what he loved...what he had to do." She told Karen.

"We should head back." The lady said who was pushing her wheelchair.

"It was nice meeting you, Karen." Mrs. Urich told her.

"If there's anything you need? Anything at all." Karen tried telling her.

"No Bens taken care of all that. He took out a policy years back when that river waters story turned ugly. He always took care of me." She said as she started crying. "He still is."

Karen watched the lady wheel her away before she made her way back over to us.

"Drinks?" I asked.

"Yes, please." She quickly answered as the three of us walked back to the car.