{Chapter 8}

I stared at the water, How did they manage to move so far from the town so fast? I had done nothing but sit on deck the whole night. My thoughts ran wild as I created all possible scenarios for my escape, If it was out of pure interest then losing it could make him just let me go. Regardless of how I went about it, I would first get him to drop his guard. If I acted obediently for now he would surely be less cautious right? sure my personality would be different but he might just think of it as me giving up and that might make him lose interest. 

I continued scheming watching as the sun rose, its bright light blinding me as I stared at it. "You haven't slept all at have you?" I felt as though my heart had burst out of my chest as I turned to the voice. 

It was so sudden and unexpected, it had been so quiet up until now that I hadn't realized I had let my guard down. Arthur walked over to me, He was the last person I wanted to see so early in the morning. 

"How could I sleep in the lion's den?" I retorted, shooting him a piercing glare before turning back to stare at the water. 

He let out a chuckle and a sigh following right after, "You're quite feisty considering your current circumstance, I would be more obedient if I were you." He stated a smug expression very clearly on his face. 

I did plan on being obedient to lose his attention and make him let me go, but that was completely out of the question now. There was no way I would be able to obey a man like him, I would much rather jump into the waves below than listen to his words. 

"What am I a dog? I have no reason to obey you nor do I plan to. After what pulled yesterday it would be impossible to even say anything nice to you," I snapped back, peering back at him. 

He smiled his hand quickly reaching over to pull me by my wrist. I turned to stare at him shocked, was my guard down because I was tired or was he just that fast? I didn't even have time to counter his move or even pull back. A cruel and unexpected smirk came into view, and his eyes stared down at me. 

"You are a dog if I wish you to be, who knows I might just give you a treat if you listen well,"  He paused, raising an eyebrow his smile fading.

"But there'd be no fun in complete obedience so make sure that if you fight back it's with all your strength or I might just kill you," His crude words seemed sharper than his gaze. 

I snatched my arm back, smiling angrily at him. My eyebrows furrowed as I glared up at him.

"Is that so? I don't think you'd have it in you." I stated through gritted teeth. 

He placed his hands on his hips, stepping closer to me his body leaning down only slightly. His eyes were now at my level, I hated having to look up at him but this just felt more humiliating. 

"Hmm, but there's something I can put in you if you'd like my dear,"  My eyes widened in shock as I scoffed at his comment. 

I stepped back from him in disgust groaning as I held my head. My exhaustion caught up to me making a headache form, I had no patience to deal with his 'jokes'. 

"I will not deal with this right now, I'd like to be shown where I'll be sleeping from now on," I lowered my hand, avoiding his gaze.