Stand By You

Chapter 42

Stand By You - Rachael Platten
"And, love, if your wings are broken we can brave through those emotions, too, 'Cause I'm gonna stand by you"

(George POV)

I woke up in the middle of the night and checked my phone to see the time, it was 3:37am. I rolled over and saw Reece lying awake on his back.

"Hey you alright?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Reece whispered and rolled over to face me. I took his hands and smiled at him. "I'm worried I'm going to have a nightmare."

"Do you feel like you will?" I asked, still whispering.

"No." He replied.

"Then why are you worried?" I asked.

I let go of one of his hands and ran my free hand through his hair.

"How am I supposed to explain why I woke up screaming if I do have one?" Reece asked, voice breaking slightly.

He really was scared.

"When was the last time you had one?" I asked.

"Over a week ago, the night before we first kissed." Reece said moving closer.

"You've got me now, you'll be okay, alright?" I reassured.

He nodded and kissed my lips softly.

"Maybe you need a distraction." I whispered as I ran my hand across his chest.

"It will distract me more if your hand goes lower." Reece whispered back smirking.

I smirked and slowly started moving my hand lower.

"Lower." Reece said, still smirking.

I got down to the waistband of his pyjamas. Reece moved closer so he could whisper in my ear.

"Lower." He whispered before nibbling on my ear.

I smiled and ran my hand across his stomach to his hip. "Another time, when we're all alone."

"I like the sound of that." Reece whispered and he laid back down.

I laid there for awhile just staring at Reece. He's beautiful.

"What?" Reece laughed.

"You're perfect Reece." I said as I kissed him, our lips barely touching.

"I'm far from it." Reece whispered.

"You're perfect to me." I said honestly.

"That's all that matters." Reece said, kissing me again.

I started to get out of bed to get my jumper, it was a little chilly. By a little I mean very.

"Where are you going?" Reece asked.

"To get my jumper, I'm cold." I replied.

"Stay in the warm bed, I'll grab it." Reece said as he quickly got out of bed before I could.