When You're Ready

Chapter 82

A/N - Y'all aren't ready.

When You're Ready - Shawn Mendes
"And if I have too I'll wait forever, say the word and I'll change my plans, yeah you know that we fit together, I know your heart like the back of my hand, so baby tell me when you're ready, I'm waiting"

***Homophobic language ahead***

(George POV)

The last couple days have been uneventful other than Brent tormenting us as usual. Reece had handled it really well which I was proud of. Reece was excited for tomorrow, it was his first football practice and he hadn't stopped talking about it. It was starting to get closer to game season so he had practice every Friday. Reece practically skipped to school, I loved seeing him so excited. His mood went a little downhill when our English teacher gave us a pop quiz.

"No no no, I'm not ready for this." Reece panicked.

"I'm not either but we've been studying a lot, we will smash it." I reassured.

The test went by painfully slow, but eventually, we finished and the bell rang. We all flooded out of class and into the hall. We walked to our lockers to switch over our books. Reece started to bang his head against his locker door.

"I," Bang. "Completely," Bang. "Failed," Bang. "That," Bang. "Test." Bang!

"Reece, please stop you're going to hurt yourself." I put my hand on his back.

"Sorry. I've never failed a test in my life, I don't want to start now."

"Come here." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into an empty classroom, shutting the door behind us. "Baby, you're the smartest person I know. And yes, you haven't failed a test before, but one test isn't going to matter. Your grades are practically perfect."

"Yeah I know that, but I really wanted to finish the year without failing a single test." Reece looked disappointed in himself.

"All the questions on the test were ones we had been studying, you knew all the answers when I tested you. We haven't gotten the results yet, you might have passed. Just try not to stress about it now, what's done is done, there's nothing we can do now."

"You're right." Reece sighed. "You're always right." Reece smirked a little.

I giggled. "I love you, Reecey."

"I love you too." Reece grinned.

I lent up on my tiptoes and kissed Reece.

"C'mon, let's get to class." I said.

I pulled Reece to the door and opened it, letting go of Reece's wrist. Getting to our next class was a little bit of a rush, but we made it on time. Reece seemed to be in a better mood than before. We had two more classes before lunch, I was counting down the hours. Science went by faster than English did so I wasn't complaining too much. Reece and I had the first three classes together on Thursday, but none for the rest of the day. Blake, Hailey, Kat or Mia were always with Reece in his classes if I wasn't, so I didn't need to worry too much. Reece and I grabbed our books and headed off the Math.

"Not so fast you two." Brent called from behind.

As much as I didn't want to turn around, I knew I had to. Things only ended worse if I ignored him. Reece and I turned around reluctantly.

"What do you want." I snapped.

"Woah, calm down. I just wanted to know if Reecey here was excited for practice tomorrow." Brent smirked.