I Like Me Better

Chapter 43

A/N - Hey y'all! I'm going to start updating every 2-3 days now😁

I Like Me Better - Lauv
"I like me better when I'm with you, I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'Cause, I like me better when— I like me better when I'm with you"

(George POV)

After about ten minutes of class I was already bored. I pulled my phone out and texted Reece, surely he's smarter than Blake and his phone is on silent.

Miss you ;( xox

I watched Reece and waited for him to receive it. He jumped a little, it startled him. Reece looked up at Mr. Sharman to see if he was looking and he wasn't so Reece pulled his phone out of his pocket. He smiled at his phone when he read it. He started to type a message back, so I stared at my phone and waited.

Miss you too cutie <3

Are you as bored as I am? X

I looked back up and saw Blake was giving me an odd look.

"What are you doing?" Blake whispered.

"Nothing." I said as I tried hiding my smile.

Blake stole my phone as Reece texted.

I was until you messaged me smithy xx

Blake showed me and made an 'aw' face. I snatched my phone off him and shook my head smiling.

When did you get so sweet bibbles? X

Reece turned to look at me with an odd look on his face.

Bibbles ? X

Bibbles. X

Alright then.. Are you coming over today? X

I can't ;(  You could come to mine? X

I can for a little bit, but I have to be home for dinner x

You mean I have to survive an entire night without you? X

I'm sorry <3

You better make it up to me. X

I will ;) x

What's that supposed to mean? ;) xx

You'll have to wait and find out smithy :) x
__________________________

(Reece POV)

George, Blake, Hailey and I were all walking through the halls to the cafeteria. It was taking everything in me to not kiss the boy I love. As we were walking a boy about our age ran past, he was clearly a newbie. He was cute, but he was nothing compared to George. I turned my head as he ran past.

"Maybe I was wrong about who was gay." Brent said smirking at me. "Actually, nah you both are."

"I'm not gay. And explain to me how that would be an insult?" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"You were clearly checking him out, don't tell me you're not gay." Brent said as if I was an idiot.

My eyes flicked to George, he didn't seem bothered that Brent said I was checking another guy out.

"So? Just cause I check a guy out doesn't mean I'm gay."

"Well you're clearly not straight." Brent said looking me up and down.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said taking a step closer.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw George looking at me concerned. I tried telling him I wasn't going to do anything without speaking. It seemed to have worked, he let go of my shoulder and took a step back.

"It means exactly what I said. Stop trying to pretend you're not gay, we all saw you checking the new kid out."

"So what? Checking a guy out doesn't make you gay." I was getting really frustrated now.

"It doesn't make you straight either."

"Never said I was straight."

"Make up your mind, are you gay are not?"

Could he get any stupider?

"Not. And I'm not straight either. You are aware there are more than two sexualities right?"

"Yeah like what?" Brent said in a tone that suggested he thought I was making it up.

"You have got to be kidding me." I said taking a couple steps back, shaking my head. "I'm bisexual you idiot." I added as I walked off.

I felt George's hand brush against mine, so I looked at him. He gave me a 'follow me' look.

"I'll be back." I said following George.

We walked into the bathroom and it was empty.

"What's up G?" I asked.

"I'm so proud of you." He said as he kissed me.

He pulled back and looked me in the eyes, his hands still on my cheek.

"I'm already out, but thank you." I said kissing him softly.

"Not for that, I mean partly, but for how you handled that. Brent was being an absolute dick and you didn't hit him. When you looked at me, there was nothing in your eyes that suggested you wanted to hit him. And for that, I'm proud of you." George said smiling.

"I mean, I always want to hit that smug face, but no more than I usually do." I laughed.

"Very understandable." George laughed and dropped his hands.

"I'm a better person when I'm with you George, you keep me sane." I said as I put one hand on his cheek ever so lightly.

"You do that yourself Reece." He said smiling at me. "I actually need the bathroom, so I'll meet you back out at lunch." He added kissing me one more time.

"Alright." I said as I walked out.

I couldn't keep the smile off my face, I was still smiling by the time I got to our table.

"What's got you so happy?" Blake said smirking.

I continued smiling, looking down at the table as I spoke. "The love of my life might have something to do with that."
__________________________

A/N - The love of my life awww. I'm working on another story so you might see that one pop up soon! Love you all💕