Kiss the Ginger (Merman Matt x Reader)

. Heyyo, so, um Merman Matt yas. Please boy. Beautiful fish boy. uwu hhhhhhh, forced myself to fucking finish this. It kinda turned The Shape of the Water a bit? Then stopped? im sorry this gif makes me laugh too fucking hard

 It kinda turned The Shape of the Water a bit? Then stopped? im sorry this gif makes me laugh too fucking hard

================================================================================

There he was. The prettiest thing you've ever seen in your entire life. His pale skin and orange hair that floated softly in the water of his tank. His ocean blue eyes and freckles that were everywhere on his body. He had lovely lilac colored fins and sharp fangs. He was your first love, and he probably will never know.

You see, your name is Y/N L/N. You are a marine biologist. You love the ocean, and everything that lives in it. As a little kid, you wish you were a merman/mermaid as you saw The Little Mermaid about a million times growing up. You didn't care about finding your true love, you just wanted to spend time with the aquatic life and research everything.

You were recently asked to help with a certain and special case at the Marine Wildlife Center. You didn't say no, and you went there to see which animal they needed help with. You knew alot of animals that pertained to the sea, and you were certain your knowledge would help someone out.

But what they had wasn't even an animal. You were stunned to see the thing you wished to be since you were a little kid. There was a merman sitting injured in an open tank in front of you. He was beautiful. Yet, he was badly injured in what seems like a fishing accident gone wrong. He had pretty bad hook marks and what looked like a harpoon sticking out of his tail. You needed to help him.

And that's what you were gonna do. 

"Ok buddy, relax, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to help you." You cooed at the panicked ginger merman in front of you. You had him moved to an enclosure where he had an open space to frolic and such. It was an empty tank where in the middle was a cove filled with random stuff he had stolen from the research team.

He hesitated, inching up slowly to where you were sitting near the edge of the container. He waded through the water easily as he peered over the top and up at you.

You smiled at him kindly, holding out a fish. He hadn't eaten yet today, and you were kinda the only one to get him to eat. "You have to eat, you need your strength back up when we release you back into the ocean." When he didn't take it, you dropped the fish into the water watching his reactions and movements.

The boy hesitated for a minute before diving after the fish and began to tear at its flesh for nutrients. Once he was done, he carried the fish bones back up to you and laid them out like a present. Or maybe he didn't want fish bones to be cluttering up his new home.