Got Your Back (Eddsworld x Abused! Reader)

heyo, this was a request from ao3 i think. I had trouble writing it for a while, and now here it is. I guess my oneshots are short atm. Sorry :> 

================================================================================

Oh my God, do you actually think they like you?

They just pity you because of how pathetic you are.

Believe me, I'm doing you a favor when I'm punishing you.'

Another day in hell it seemed. Every day was hell for you considering your best friend was a major jackass, and she liked to beat you up. She said it was "therapy" for you because you were such a miserable person. She thought she was doing a good cause by harming you every night at the house you shared with her.

You wanted to tell her off, but she was really scary when confronted. Last time you tried to tell her to back off, she threw a pot of boiling water at your face and laughed at your pain as you screamed on the floor. You wanted out of this house, but she had a strong leash on you. She knew all your secrets, and she would use them against you.

Even though you lived in hell, you had slight hope as you visited your friends each day to forget about the pain temporarily. Tom, Tord, Matt, and Edd were your saviors. They helped you even though they never knew about your pain. You made sure they didn't know; they didn't need to know about it. It wasn't their burden to bear.

Today you were spending the day at their house, content with the normal events at their abode. They were a lively bunch, which made you happy, and you always laughed at their antics. But today, you weren't as a happy as you usually were. Your so called friend, (F/N), thought it was a good idea to punish you early on in the way with a good old fashioned cigarette burning.

She had pressed her newly lit cigarette into your stomach around 7 times, laughing as you cried in pain at the burning sensation. She said there would be more for later on at night as you went out to the boy's house. Now your stomach burned and ached at the fresh marks on yourself. You tried your best to not alert the boys to your obvious pain, but it seemed that fate had a different plan.

"Hey, Y/N, are you ok?" Matt had asked you, shaking you out of your thoughts. He looked at you worriedly. Seems like you spaced out, thinking about how tonight would go out in your head.

You weakly nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine Matt. A little tired is all. I'm ok, I promise. I would tell you." You lied to him. You hated lying to Matt. He was just worried about you, and yet you had to lie because (F/N) would hurt you even more if you told him what really happened. You noticed he was still looking at you reluctantly. You went up and grabbed his face with your hands, placing a small kiss on his nose. "I'm totally fine Matty."