Smart Cookies

*Eva is talking with Sci and Ink to pass the time*

Eva: So What you're saying is... the doodleverse is where all the AUs are located in the void and it has some sort of protection to keep evil energy, like error and nightmare, out?

Ink: right. Dream put up the field to prevent any evil from finding its way through. To enter, you have to be one hundred percent happy. Impossible for error, nightmare, and the rest of their clan.

Sci: but how does the forcefueld exist? There has to be some explanation behind it!

Ink: Uh, magic? Ask Dream. 

Sci: Magic is just unexplained science, and I would like an explanation!

Eva: I always wondered how magic worked within you guys....

Ink: Use your imagination, I guess. *shurgs* Your hypothesis is as good as mine. 

Sci: *pouts* That's not a valid answer.

*assy walks in*

Eva: Hey, Sci. I thought you put Assy to bed?

Assy: Daddy, why are you mad?

Sci: *fifty shades of blush*

Ink: *snirk* Daddy?!

Eva: wow, Sci. You've been promoted from big brother to Daddy. How do you feel?

Sci: Shut up!

Assy: Mommy? What's gowin on?

Eva: *holds in a swear word and blushes.*

Sci: Pfft. Now I'm not the only one.

Ink: I wonder why he thinks you're his parents... 

Sci: Your hypothesis is as good as mine!

Eva: I mean, not many of the others even go near Assy. We both soemhar resemble parental figures to him. But that makes me question his universe. Did he call Toriel 'Mommy' too?

Ink: I can go check.

Sci: Well, Toriel wasn't with him all hours of the day. He was in an asylum, meaning he was left alone in a padded white room for most of his life he can remember. Toriel wasn't in his life enough to be a maternal figure to him.

Eva: then, why me? You're around him much more!

Ink: guys?

Sci: you are the only female here and you seem to run everything. He must see you as the head orgnizer and as if you are the alpha female tor soemthing, going back to basic instinct.

Eva: But then it brings us back to the fact that I'm human. There is no way I can be his biological mother and even he can see that.

Ink: guys.

Sci: But yet someone doesn't have to be their biological mother for them to consider that someone as their mother. 

Eva: true, but it just makes me think. Why me? Why you? What is happening? And most importantly: will he forget all of this when he goes back to his universe? Will you all forget this happened and that I existed?

Ink: ASSY HAS A KNIFE!!!

Sci and Eva: WHAT!?

Assy: I found a tingy!

Eva: *rushed over to him* Heya buddy! *reaches for knife* why don't you give that to Eva and not get hurt?

Assy: No!

Sci: *comes up behind him.* Now now, listen to Eva. Give me the knife. *manages to take knife.* there we go.

Ink: *scoffs* And they say they aren't acting like parents.