Chapter Thirty Four (II)

Another update! Enjoy!

*Chris’s Point of View*

I woke up gasping for air.

The nightmares were getting worse. I had been running, but the ground turned to water and I began sinking. Dad was chasing me.

Once I was under the water, I couldn’t get away from him fast enough; he had his hands around my throat before I had time to reach the surface.

I was sweat-soaked, lying on the couch again.

Everyone had stayed at Nathan’s place because we were meeting with Kevin today to talk about what we were going to do.

It was four in the morning, so I walked outside to clear my head.

I needed to get a few things from my house.

I went back inside quietly, slipping into my room to grab a jacket; it was cold outside. Isaac stirred when I walked in and I froze until he stopped moving.

When he did, I went to Dylan’s room and opened his side drawer as quietly as I could; Seth and Dylan were sleeping in here and they weren’t heavy sleepers.

Pulling out the knife Seth had taken from me, I slipped back into the hallway and went to the kitchen to get something to eat to calm my nerves. It was a good twenty minutes before I finally got up to leave.

Closing the front door quietly behind me, I ran to the van and jumped into the drivers seat.

“Where do you think you’re going at this time of night?”

I almost screamed. The only reason I didn’t was because I recognized the voice.

“What the fuck Seth, just give me a heart attack why don’t you?” I said, trying to calm my breathing.

“Where are you sneaking off too?” he asked again. “I just need to go to the house real quick, I’ll be back soon,” I told him.

“You’re not going alone,” he told me, looking at me sternly.

I sighed, but dismissed it.

Starting the van, I quickly pulled out of the driveway and took off towards the house.

“If he’s home, be very quiet,” I told Seth, “I haven’t been home in a while. He’ll be upset.”

Seth nodded and stared at the house as we pulled up.

His car was in the driveway.

“Fuck,” I muttered.

“The window?” he asked me; I nodded.

We snuck over to my window where the tree was, and Seth lifted me so I could grab the closest branch to my window.