Chapter Fifty One (ZZ)

*Chris’s Point of View*

Dylan was true to his word.

When we finally went home, he led me to his bedroom and lay beside me on his bed, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“What does my baby want to do tonight? I’m all yours,” he murmured, kissing my hair.

I cuddled up to his side as his hands traced down my spine.

I relaxed at his touch and let it lull me to a doze.

I don’t know how long he held me there before he rolled me over, him on top of me.

“Dylan,” I groaned, twitching and shifting underneath him, “What are you doing?”

He didn’t answer, tugging my shirt up over my belly and kissing below my belly button.

I sighed and let him leave kisses up my belly, reaching the bottom of my bra with ease.

I only stopped him when he tried to take it off.

“Don’t tell me you’re choosing now to be shy,” he told me, unsnapping it.

“Someone could walk in!” I said, exasperated.

“Baby,” he groaned, “I locked the door.”

His fingers trailed all the way up my sides to my shoulders before he moved, pressing me into the mattress as he tugged my shirt off and re-clasped my bra at the same time.

I tensed; I wasn’t ready to do that with him yet. I was still shaken.

“Relax, angel,” he murmured, kissing my shoulder, “We’re not going to do anything like that. I just want to try something.”

I stayed tense while his lips pressed softly onto the cheek that Ironarm had cut open with the knife.

I relaxed a little when they touched my neck, his lips gentle against whatever hand and finger prints Tim had left on my neck.

The next spot he kissed was the slice Roary had made on my arm and the spot where the bullet had just barely touched me.

He paused when he came down to my wrists. Letting him trail his fingers over the scars, I looked down at him, catching his gaze.

“If I swear to you that I’ll never cut again,” he started, holding my glance, “Will you swear you won’t do it ever again?”

“I don’t need to do it if I have you,” I told him lightly, ruffling his hair.

“Chris,” he warned; I smiled. “I swear.”