Chapter Forty Five (TT)

Another chapter!! Comment and vote!

*Chris’s Point of View*

I woke up on the couch to a loud pounding on our front door.

“I’m coming!” I called, groggily shifting Jake beside Dylan; he was currently sitting in Jadyn’s lap, curled up in a ball.

I tripped over a board game on the way over, and looked down to see a twister box open.

I pulled the door open and glared into the light, seeing Kevin standing there.

He gave me a once over and grinned.

“You are aware that school starts in about half an hour?” He asked me.

I swore under my breath and turned on my heel.

"Come on in,” I told him, “I’ll be right back, and Jake will be up in a second.”

I left him in the hallway and headed for my room, pushing open the door and checking the closet.

It wasn’t there.

“If I was an air horn, where would I be?” I muttered to myself.

I found it in my dresser drawer.

Success!

I went back to the living room and saw Kevin kneeling over Jake, shaking him.

“Look out,” I told him. He saw what I was holding and his eyes lit up with amusement.

Standing in front of the couch, I pressed my finger down on the button.

A few things happened all at once.

An earsplitting shriek filled the room at the same time Dylan woke up, causing Jake to be pushed off the couch.

Jadyn woke up as Jake jumped up off the ground, fists ready, and shoved Dylan out of his lap.

I let go of the button.

“Morning sunshine daisies,” I said, cheery, “School starts in half an hour.”

Dylan and Jadyn made a beeline for their bedrooms as Nathan stretched from the chair.

Seth, who’d been on the floor, opened his groggy eyes when I poked him in the belly but didn’t get up.

“We have to go to school,” I reminded him, poking him again. He growled. “Poke me again, you’ll be on the floor.”