49.Daddy

When I saw him through the glass door I was on the verge of crying but still managed to hold back my tears and then I opened the door and went inside.

When I reached his bed I had Vikky standing beside me holding my hand tightly reminding me not to lose my composure.I stood beside the bed and that my father was resting with his eyes closed and his body fully equipped with all sorts of medical things.

He was looking pale and I am sure he lost his body weight and he was looking older also.He slowly opened his eyes when I touched his hand that was on his stomach lightly.When he saw me standing in front of him his lips curled upwards and he smiled at me.

"Princess" he tried to speak but his voice was too low but still I was able to hear him.

"I missed you dad" I said trying my level best not to cry and he smiled in return and I know he wanted to say that he missed me as well but his condition didn't help him for that.

Vikky held my hand very tightly and I too held that hand and kept my other hand also lingering on him and while keeping me close to him he said "She is doing good Uncle.Too good actually.You get better soon and come to live with us.Dont think and just rest for some time."

"

My dad looked into my eyes waiting for my approval for the same.I said "I was happy all these dad.I didn't know that I will be this much happy even if you are away from me.Thanks for this but you should have said me before that you are not feeling well.I am very much angry on you."

I said trying to bring a fake smile on my face such that he should not feel that I was angry on him or something.
He smiled in return and tried to talk but he was not able to form any words because of his tiredness and then nurse asked us to leave as he needs some rest first.

When we went outside the hospital room aunt and uncle went to talk with doctor along with bhavs and when I was planning to go with them Vikky stopped me by pulling my wrist.I turned towards him and he pulled me to opposite direction of the room.

After we walked for some time he made me sit and turning to the other side he said "I will bring coffee for us.You sit here and wait for me.Dont stress out princess.Everything will be alright." I nodded in reply and he left to bring coffee.

Once he came back he sat beside me and handed me coffee..I drank a sip of that and my head felt fresh and refreshing.He turned to face me and asked "How are you now?"

I smiled a bit and said "Before coffee I don't know but after this sip I am okay."

He too laughed for that and said "You know he is going through a lot right?"

I stared at him not getting what is was talking about.Seeing my question mark face he said "Your dad!He is going through a very severe treatment now.It will make him more weak and he will not be able to talk or look as how he was doing till now.He needs your support but in a different way princess."