5.Trust me

When my tears stopped Bhavana took me inside and made me sit on my bed. She sat in front of me and took both of my hands into hers. I closed my eyes blocking all the things that are in front of me including my dad. I can feel my dad coming and sitting beside me but I didn't open my eyes. He then took my hands from Bhavana's and held them in his. I opened my eyes.

I looked at my dad. His eyes are completely red and I can see bags forming below them. I didn't see him like this in my whole 21 years. I was a baby when my mom passed away. I have never seen him cry in front of me. I felt bad and it hurts me that I am the one who made him cry. My dad, my hero, my everything is crying because of me. I felt his hands move from my hands to my face wiping away my tears away ignoring his own.

I felt terrible and started crying more hugging my dad. I cried "Sorry dad. I am so sorry. I made you cry. I made you feel bad. I am so sorry." He lifted my face and wiping my tears he told " Princess. it's me who should be sorry. Please try to understand me. I love you so much and will always think and do what is good for you. Marry him, my dear. You will forgive me once you understand why I am doing this."

I looked at Bhavana who nodded her head and signaled with her eyes telling me to accept his wish. I looked at my dad and without speaking a single word I nodded. His face lightened and he was so happy that he kissed me on my forehead and hugged me and told me that he loves me. I replied saying "love you more dad".

Then he got up from bed and went down calling his sister whose name might be Gayatri. Then I felt a pair of eyes staring at me and I moved my eyes up so that they meet that person's eyes. Vikranth ... That's his name. Bhavana got up, turned,, and smiled at him to which he returned with a smile. She turned back and looked at me and left the room closing the door behind.

Now I am in a room alone with Mr stranger who was staring at me with no expression on his face. I turned my face away from him and looked at the wall on the right side of my room. Then I heard him speak "Is that your mother?" I turned towards him and followed the line of his eyesight and saw a framed picture of my mom and dad hanging on the wall. I didn't answer. He walked towards the picture and touching it he addressed" You look exactly like her."

Yes,, I know that. I am a replica of my mom's beauty and my dad's wisdom. That's what my dad told me thousands of times all these years. My mom is very beautiful and her smile used to make everything around more beautiful according to my dad. I thought about that and smiled. He smiled and spoke " Your smile.! " I turned my eyes from the frame to look at him. "Your smile is beautiful and the same as your mom". I smiled and he came and sat beside me.

I sat beside him and there was silence in the room for about 20 mins. Then he spoke " You can continue your studies in Delhi. I will ask them to transfer your studies from here to Delhi. " What! Delhi. !? He is from Delhi.? I am going to Delhi. ?Godddd... How many shocks do I have to take in one day? Even though I was sad thinking that I have to leave my dad I thought I will be staying somewhere here, but Delhi ?? from Bangalore.? I am going in an extreme opposite direction on the map. I have to leave my dad, Bhavana, friends, studies,, and go to Delhi?

Tears started forming again in my eyes and I know I am going to cry in one or two minutes. I felt something touch my hand startling me and I turned my head to see what occurred. I saw him holding my hand with his and his eyes were deeply connected to mine. His thumb started circling on my hand's back in a comforting way. I heard him say " Don't cry. Everything will be alright. Trust me".