Prologue

Years passed, time seemed to extend to allow your search for your blood properties to be known.

You came into contact with Ada's 'friend', Derek C. Simmons, who seemed just as shady and strange as Ada described him.
However, you intended to keep things professional, speaking with him over a video call on a computer, keeping straight to the point as Ada had described. She told you to not mention her around him, since the two had a dark past with eachother for the longest time, which you weren't told about, yet you followed her orders.

One video call led to another, going from professional towards a strange charming talk. Simmons seemed to have taken an interest towards you, speaking with a lesser more calm tone than he first did when you first spoke with him. You weren't sure if he was interested in the blood you were speaking about with him and attempted to keep you on good terms, or if he had actually taken an interest in you, referring to you as 'Dear' and 'Darling' on occasional points during your conversations.

Due to you not being as taken with him as he was with you, you used it to your advantage, turning on your own hints of charm to convince a scheduled meeting with him in order to correctly speak things out. He seemed convinced, it was a perfect start to discovering more than you bargained for.

Much more than you bargained for.