Chapter 2

The roads became terribly slippery with the heavy rain that downpoured onto the roads the bus drove on. Not to mention the terribly shaky twists and turns the road had to offer, Leon really hoped this trip to the Cathedral was worth it.

"90% of the population in Tall Oaks has been infected with the virus." Hunnigans words were surprisingly clear to hear from the bus's loud engine, Leon and Helena listening while holding onto metal poles built into the school bus, staring at Hunnigan's face on Leon's phone. "That rounds out to above 70,000 hostiles."

The number alone made Leon cringe on the inside, his muscles twisting slightly at the amount of innocents lost to a breakout such as this. Helena's face remained stotic, her gaze glued towards the tail lights of a car a few feet away from in front of the bus, perhaps containing civilians heading towards the Cathedral also. "We also received word that an organization named 'Neo-Umbrella' just claimed responsibility for the attack."

It can't be...

The look on Leon's face stood out enough for Hunnigan to clarify his thoughts, thinking the exact same scenario in her own head. "Neo-Umbrella?" He questioned, his grip on the phone tightening slightly, as if the frail yet sturdy glass screen was close to breaking.

"I know what you're thinking," Hunnigan began, leaving Leon nodding a little in response. "Yeah. This is Raccoon City all over again."

"That's all the news I've got. Now it's your turn to help me," she stated, leaning slightly forward on her desk. "I need to know what's in that Cathedral. I've got suits breathing down my neck for info."

"Suits?" Leon questioned.

"Specifically," Hunnigan gestured a few fingers towards her right side, as if they could see the well dressed man standing on the other side of the room. "Derek C. Simmons-National Security Advisor." The full name alone put a shocked look on Helena's face, her eyes glued towards the screen automatically.

"Hang on!" The driver interrupted the phone call talk, spotting a zombie walking on the road. As soon as the bright lights shined in his face, he growled in the bus's direction, forcing the driver to go faster, immediately hitting the beast.
The body went under the bus, crushing under the heavy wheels, causing the whole frame to bounce. The bus slid along the slippery muddy path, the driver proceeded to hit the breaks hard, which caused the bus to turn quickly, sending all occupants off their feet and towards the ground, sliding in all directions until finally, the bus came to a stop, the tail hanging dangerously off the edge.

Up ahead, you heard the commotion not far behind you, looking through the rear view mirror to watch the whole bus come towards a stop on the edge of the cliff, its bright lights illuminating a large patch of zombies you failed to notice before.

"Stop the car!" A man in the back shouted, forcing you to automatically hit the breaks hard, sending you slightly pressed against the steering wheel before coming to a stop, luckily nod sliding off like the bus had done. "What are you doing!?" A girl in the back screamed, watching the man open the door and head out into the rain towards the bus, forgetting he was walking into a patch of zombies right in front of him. "Yo! Get back here!!" His friend ran right after him, followed by the girl who got out quickly, immediately screaming at the zombies that quickly gathered around the two men. Due to her scream, you looked over to find a hand grabbing ahold of her shoulder, fingers digging into her soft skin, leaving irritated marks. Another zombie got closer, their back facing you as you watched it's head go down quickly, teeth clamping around her collarbone, drawing blood and muscle within one bite. Her screams became louder as the zombies proceeded to tear her apart, leaving the few survivors inside your car screaming in pure terror.