Chapter 32: I don't want to die

Lily's POV

Out of nowhere, I felt Catherine kiss my jaw, she planted kisses down all the way to my neck. She kissed and licked my neck everywhere. Almost as if she was looking for something, maybe she was looking for my soft spot?

I didn't have time to enjoy her kisses too much because soon after, those sweet and gentle kisses got replaced by sharp teeth.

My eyes shot open, everything from there happened so fast. I pushed Catherine away and got out of bed. I ran to the door, going for the handle, but noticed it was locked. Had she locked us in here? She did want to kill me...

I tried the door again and again, but it wouldn't budge. I pushed and pulled, while I slowly started sniffling. I honestly feared for my life now. Especially since I was locked in with the Mother Superior.

Then two arms wrapped around me and I stopped, frozen in place. I was so scared, I didn't want to die. And I knew I shouldn't make her angry.

I looked down at Catherine's arms, they had changed. She was in her bloody-form. She was ready to kill me.

I gulped. Stay calm, I thought, don't make her angry.

Catherine pulled me closer to her, impossibly close. Her face went straight to my neck area, though my hair covered some of it. But that didn't stop her, she pulled it aside and then kissed her way around my neck.

She's looking for blood, I thought. I tried remembering what dad told me about this, what he told me I should do in moments like this. Should I give her blood so she'd calm down? Or should I deny her blood because she could want more once she got some blood?

Catherine started pulling me with her, back to the bed. She clearly wanted me in bed, but why? Why not just kill me now? Why wait? Why torture me any longer?

She pushed me down. I landed on my belly, my face down on the pillow. I was good like this, I figured this way she wouldn't get to my neck easily.

Unfortunately Catherine's smart, and she knew that too. She pulled at me, eventually getting me to turn around.

And that's when I was face to face with the bloody-form of the Mother Superior. She looked horrible, like a living nightmare. Her teeth were horrific, like sharp knives ready to cut through anything they'd encounter. Her eyes were blood-red, illuminating in the darkness. And her skin, covered in tattoos, or skin marks.

My dad had told me about those. Each skin mark was a symbol of an accomplishment. Depending on which kind of them you are, you get different skin marks.

The Mother Superior's skin marks were a mystery to humans. Some believed that each skin mark represented each life she took. Other believed that those skin marks were simply a sign of her power, weakening or strengthening throughout her life. I always thought it was the latter, though I'm not sure anymore.

Catherine came closer, putting us in the exact same position as we were before. This position brought our bodies impossibly close to each other, giving her the opportunity to reach my neck very easily. Which she immediately did.

She kissed and licked around for a bit, once again it looked like she was looking around for something. Now I knew she was looking blood.

I looked at the ceiling, waiting for her to kill me. Knowing I'd die, knowing I'll end up as her food... It was a horrible thought. It terrified me. Would it hurt? Would it be over soon? Would she torture me before I die?

Then I felt it again, her teeth grazing over my skin. They were so incredibly sharp. I was so scared. I didn't want pain. I didn't want to be eaten.

I wanted Catherine back.

Suddenly Catherine grasped my arms and held them on either side of my head, preventing me to use them from now on. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't go up against her strength. It'd be no fight.

I closed my eyes, I didn't want to see her kill me. I wanted to drift off to sleep, maybe that way the pain wouldn't be too bad...

Then I screamed loudly.

_______________________________

Esmee's POV

I was last in the office, collecting several documents I'd take home with me tonight. These were about the most important clients we had, so I wanted to look over their orders again at home.

I went to Catherine's office, getting the last document I needed from her desk. Upon doing so I spotted a tiny piece of paper, a reminder. Moon, it read.

I nodded, knowing what she meant by that. I looked at the time noticing it was getting pretty late. I should head home.

I collected the documents and retrieved my purse from my office. I then closed the doors and made my way to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited.

When the bell rang, signalizing the elevator was here, I prepared myself to enter the elevator. But when it opened, I dropped everything and raised my arms.

"Back!"

I slowly walked backwards, letting all the Special Agents enter this floor. I looked at them, I recognized this group. And there was Lily's dad.

He walked forward, aiming his gun at me. "Where is my daughter?"

I gulped. "I don't know." I lied. 

He pressed his gun on my chest. "If you won't tell us where you keep her, you'll die."

I couldn't tell them. I knew that I might have to die in order to keep Lily and Catherine safe, but I was trained for that. "You'll kill me anyway."

He looked at his team, motioning them to look around this floor. I was confident with that, I knew they wouldn't find any clues here.

A younger guy came to us. "Where is Lily?" He asked, he seemed very worried about her. "Please, I need to know she's alright."

The look in his eyes almost made me want to help him, but since he's part of this team... "I don't know where she is," I looked at Lily's dad. "I haven't seen her in a while."

He pushed me against the wall, groaning. It was clear he was angry with this situation. Maybe he was angry with himself, or with Lily. "Where is she?"

"I don't know." I repeated.

"Where's the Mother Superior? Is she with Lily?" Lily's dad tried again, though this time he sounded more desperate than before. He seemed to realize I wasn't going to speak. 

"I don't know." I repeated. It was getting annoying, but I couldn't say anything.

He sighed, desperation seeping in more. "I need to find Lily," He then looked at me, straight in my eyes. "Before others do."

I didn't say anything then. Was he trying to save his daughter? Or was this a trick to get me to talk?

"Tell her to contact me on my emergency number, I'll help her from there."

I slowly nodded and that's when he let me go. He pressed the button of the elevator and let me get in. He watched me leave and did nothing. Maybe he really just wanted to protect his daughter.