Chapter 67: Where's Lily?

Esmee's POV

After work, I went home with Catherine. She told me I could have dinner at her place while we keep track of the patrol that would go out tonight. So I agreed.

Dad drove us to her house, as he always did for Catherine. Whenever I'd go along with her, I'd enjoy this luxury lifestyle. 

"We're home," Catherine said through the house. "Lily?" She looked around, then she went into the living room. "Lily?" She then spotted mom. "Marianne, where's Lily?"

I immediately noticed something wasn't right. The way she was looking at us, told me she had bad news. "Mom, what is it?"

Catherine looked from me to mom. "Did something happen?"

She sighed. "Lily's gone, Emily is too."

I looked at Catherine, seeing her getting worried.

"Ben is too," Mom said to me. "They left together, it's clearly visible on surveillance footage."

Catherine then took her phone. "She better answer," Then she looked at mom. "And he better has a good explanation."

I noticed mom was worried, on the verge of tearing up, so I went to her and took her in for a hug. And mom gladly accepted that hug. She held on to me for a good amount of time.

Catherine then groaned. "She's not answering her phone." She then tried again. While she was waiting, she looked at a guard. "Find out where they went, now!" The guard nodded and left. Catherine then looked at us again.

"Maybe they just went out to get something," I tried, but immediately noticed Catherine didn't believe that. "It could be nothing."

She then groaned again. "And he's not answering either!" She then paced around, groaning.

"Catherine," Mom started, reaching for Catherine. She held Catherine's shoulders so that Catherine would look at her. "Wait for her, she'll come back."

"She has my child, Marianne."

"So we can track them," I started to which Catherine suddenly seemed relieved. "Let's go check it out."

And so we all walked towards the basement. Though when we were entering the basement, Catherine stopped mom. "I'm sorry, Marianne, but no humans. You know the rule."

Mom nodded and stayed behind while Catherine and I went down the stairs. We walked through the basement all the way to the big radar screens.

I sat down in front of them and observed the screen. "We've got Emily here," I pointed to the little dot that represented Emily. I then looked at Catherine. "She's on her way back."

Catherine let out a sigh of relieve. "Thankfully," She sat down as well. "I have to chip Lily as well."

I chuckled. "Do that tonight."

Catherine then looked at me with an amused look on her face.

"See, everything's fine." I then got up again. "They probably went out to just be out of the house." I then started walking around the basement. I stopped in front of Catherine's collection. "Are they alive?"

Catherine walked to me. "This one isn't," She motioned to the girl in front of me. "Those are alive." She then pointed to the three other girls, who were shaking terribly.

I walked to the three girls and looked at them. "I can't believe you've still got Number 2 here," I looked at Number 2, who looked like she had cried recently. "Why didn't you eat her first?"

Catherine came to me. "Because I like having her around." She then changed into her Sanco form. She reached for the girl's neck, gripping it tightly. "I love her blood."

I chuckled. "I bet." I then looked at the other two girls. "Numbers 5 and 6," I then looked at Catherine. "You better get rid of them before Lily finds them here."

"She won't find them."

Then I heard a muffled scream. I looked at Catherine and saw her drinking blood from Number 2. The girl was terrified, screaming and crying for her life, though it was useless.

I looked at Numbers 5 and 6, seeing them look at that scene in horror. They were clearly afraid for their lives.

I let Catherine enjoy her meal and made my way back to the radar screen. I looked for Emily's location and then noticed she was near. "Catherine," I walked to her. "Your family's home."

She pulled back, cleaning her face. "Finally." She then went back upstairs. I looked at Number 2, who was bleeding, but left her.

When I arrived upstairs, I locked the basement again and handed Catherine the keys when I arrived at the front door.

"Where were you?" Catherine asked Lily, her Sanco form was gone, as was the blood on her teeth. "I was worried."

"I asked Ben to drive me around." Lily smiled, but I immediately noticed she was acting strangely. "I'll put Emily in bed, she's tired." She then went upstairs.

We all looked at Ben then. "What happened?" Catherine asked, the tone in her voice suggested she also noticed Lily's strange behavior.

"N-Nothing."

I stepped forward. "Ben, this is serious. Lily's our Queen now. If anything happens to her, we're dead."

He gulped. "She asked me to drive her somewhere, so I followed her orders."

"What did she want, son?" Mom sounded worried too, maybe she noticed Ben was getting scared. And if he got scared, that'd mean he did something he shouldn't have.

He looked down. "I'm sorry, Superior."

Catherine glared now, she wasn't having this. "Where did you bring her?" She said through gritted teeth.

Ben gulped again, he looked down in shame. "Your father." He said just above a whisper.

"Excuse me?!"

Ben backed off, seeing as Catherine got really mad. "I'm sorry, she told me she wanted to see him."

"So you just brought her to him?" I asked, seeing Catherine on the verge of changing into one of her forms.

Ben slowly nodded, not helping his case. "She had your file on him," He said to Catherine, to which Catherine seemed confused. "The one from your office here. So I assumed you two had a talk about it and that she could go."

"You always have to check with either Esmee or Catherine before making a decision this big, Ben." Mom said to which Ben nodded. Mom then sighed. "So she saw Vernon?"

Ben slowly nodded. "They talked."

"About?" Catherine asked through gritted teeth.

Ben shrugged. "She wouldn't tell me."

Catherine nodded before leaving us. She walked upstairs.

"Catherine," Mom hurried after her. "Calm down, just talk about it, but don't get angry. Remember that you - " Then she stopped, as Catherine had shut the door of her room. Mom let out a deep sigh before returning to us. "This isn't good," She said to which I nodded. "She's going down the same road as Vernon."

"Because Lily's making it difficult for her."

Mom sighed. "Lily wants answers, and she should get them."

"Lily shouldn't force things."

Mom then shook her head. "She shouldn't," She said to which I nodded. "But I understand her, living with someone who keeps a part of her life hidden away is frustrating."

I rolled my eyes before walking to the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"Upstairs, checking up on them."