Chapter 70: Our Queen

Esmee's POV

"That human knows too much!" The leader of the BC exclaimed, punching the table in the process. "She has to go."

"With all due respect," I started, making everyone look at me. "This human is our future Queen, we can't talk about her like this."

"This human has a bad effect on our Mother Superior," The BC said, motioning to Catherine who looked like she had just died. "She betrayed all of us."

"Our Queen deserves a chance to grow!" I once again tried defending Lily, mainly after what I had heard from her... "She knows she messed up, so she's working on making things right."

Everyone looked at me, including Catherine. She looked bad though, she had an ice bag on her forehead. We're thinking she injured her head when she was in her Bloodborn form.

"What do you mean?" The BC asked, immediately they were more interested in Lily now.

I looked at Catherine. "Lily knows you need human flesh, and she knows your previous potentials serve you the best."

Catherine sat up, she looked very interested.

"She's meeting up with all of them today, at 7 in the park." I looked at the leader of the BC. "The reason I'm saying this, and the reason she told me this, is because it's a trap for them." I then looked at Catherine. "We'll catch all of them there," I then looked at the BC again. "Our Queen came up with this idea because she cares about our Mother Superior."

"And this isn't a trap for us?" The BC tried, though they sounded way less confident now. I'm guessing they were seeing the mistake they were about the make before.

"No," I then looked around at all of them. "If we're able to do that, our Mother Superior will have no threats." I smiled as I motioned to Catherine. "And we'll be able to do some more research on her to prevent her from turning Bloodborn."

"That sounds great indeed," The BC nodded. "And our Queen agrees to forget about the humans and pledge herself to our Mother Superior?"

"She did that when she gave birth to their child," I then looked at Catherine. "You should be proud."

Catherine smiled but looked down.

The council meeting lasted for 40 more minutes until everyone left. Catherine stayed seated, mainly because she was at home... I went to sit in front of her. "What's wrong? I thought you were going to be happy."

Catherine shrugged.

"Hey, why are you sad?"

She looked at me. "Why would Lily suddenly change her mind?"

"Because she loves you," I scooted closer to Catherine. "She'd do anything for you, she showed that countless of times."

Catherine looked down. "I think something's not right, the way she was in the basement..." She shook her head. "She'd never let her kind down like that." She looked up at me. "So why would she suddenly change her mind?"

"Because she loves you," I once again said. "And because she's smart. She knows your backstory, she knows about our kind and about you, she knows her future is with you and Emily."

"So?"

"So she'll do anything to keep you two safe."

Catherine kept shaking her head. "It doesn't feel right."

I chuckled then. "Since when does the almighty Mother Superior question a delivery for her?" I got up. "Just come and see, you'll see what your wife is doing for you."